Century Engineering – Mid-Atlantic Region
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking a motivated and experienced Railroad Project Manager/Engineer to manage/design railroad related projects and assist with the development of new business ventures as well as maintain professional relationships with existing clients throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region. The successful candidate will be expected to: manage multiple railroad projects and develop project schedules and budgets; perform railroad design; supervise design and inspection staff and provide quality assurance for meeting design criteria and regulatory requirements; assist in development of Expressions of Interests, Technical Proposals and Presentations; and be responsible for coordination with clients, subconsultants, railroad companies, and other government and regulatory agencies. The Railroad Project Manager/Engineer will play a key role in all aspects of setting business development strategies and increasing overall awareness of Century’s railroad and overall capabilities to facilitate growth.
- Apply understanding of railroad design and plan preparation using the latest technologies
- Identify and develop markets and new business opportunities
- Participate in strategic development and implementation of railroad programs
- Initiate and develop contact with former, existing and new clients
- Assist with proposals or monitor proposal preparation and organize presentations as necessary
- Represent the company to clients, regulatory agencies and community to include participation in professional associations, political functions and networking events
- Registered Professional Engineer in the Mid-Atlantic region
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant railroad design and coordination experience
- Experience with state and local transportation agencies to include working with Shortline and Class I railroads throughout the Mid-Atlantic Region
- Working knowledge of railroad inspection requirements for track, signals, bridges and other structures
- Strong understanding of railroad design requirements, construction methods and procedures
- Business Development experience
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Self-motivated, disciplined and results oriented
- Capable of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel as necessary to accomplish company goals
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.