The law firm of Mehri &Skalet, PLLC seeks applicants for the position of receptionist/administrative assistant to join our team and support our commitment to employee, consumer, whistleblower, and civil rights.
The receptionist/administrative assistant is a member of the M&S administrative team helping to advance the interests of our clients and support the needs of attorneys and cases. Their desk is located at the front reception area. As a receptionist/administrative assistant, the individual regularly carries out the following responsibilities on a daily basis: • serves as the firm’s receptionist, answers and forwards phone calls, welcomes and greets guests;
• maintains the phone system, including checking the general mailbox, updating automated messages and setting up phones for new employees;
• sorts mail and deliveries and prepares material for shipment;
• inventories and organizes office supplies;
• drafts correspondence;
• serves as secondary point of contact for building management;
• files documents and organizes periodic bulk document shredding;
• maintains and organizes the copy room, conference rooms, storage rooms, and the kitchen;
• assists in creating administrative case codes for new matters;
• assists in arranging travel;
• assists in allocating expenses;
• monitors the electronic fax system and ensures delivery to appropriate staff;
• prepares space for new employees and interns;
• coordinates firm events, such as lunches, including set up and clean up;
• enters and maintains calendar items;
• other duties as assigned.
The receptionist/administrative assistant may also be called on to assist with paralegal projects on occasion.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant must be efficient, flexible, professional and courteous with superior organization and time management skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. They must be highly motivated and self-starting; learn quickly; work well independently and on a team; meet deadlines; and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously. They must be proactive in responding to and anticipating the needs of attorneys, clients, and visitors to the firm, including scheduling, travel, and day-to-day operations. The receptionist/administrative assistant must be proficient with Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet research, and other related office technology. Proficiency with TimeSolv, Lexis, Lexbe and other software utilized by M&S must be developed. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
Please apply by emailing your resume, cover letter and a writing sample of no more than 3 pages to Suritia Taylor at email@example.com. No calls please.