The Texas Democratic Party is seeking highly motivated Regional Organizing Directors to help ensure Democratic victories across the state. The Texas Democratic Party’s grassroots infrastructure spans all corners of the state and is working to energize and empower local communities to deliver Democratic victories up and down the ticket in 2020 and beyond. We are looking to hire Regional Organizing Directors for the following regions: North Texas, Greater Eastern Texas, South Texas, the DFW Metroplex, Central Texas, the Greater Houston area.
- Manage, train, and coach a team of Field Organizers, who will in turn recruit and manage volunteer teams across large and diverse geographic areas
- Work with the statewide Organizing leadership team to implement communications, messaging, and digital strategies in your region
- Participate in the hiring decision making process for Organizers
- Develop management and accountability strategies and systems that lead your team to successfully meet daily and weekly organizing metrics
- Extensively coach staff daily on communication with voters, volunteer recruitment, volunteer management, and volunteer retention
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
- Two cycles of organizing experience
- At least one cycle of staff management experience is preferred, but not required
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Ability to think creatively, be solutions oriented and motivate direct reports to do the same amidst a positive and productive team culture
- Resilient team player excited to work tirelessly to elect Democrats in Texas
- Superior interpersonal skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Able to manage direct reports in person and remotely.
This position is full time and cycle only. Applicants must have a reliable laptop, cell phone and vehicle. Applicants must also be comfortable working long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends, and have an understanding that campaigns are never a 9-5 job.