Equity Forward, a project of the Hopewell Fund, is looking for a Research Associate to conduct political and opposition style research on reproductive health issues. The ideal candidate will have a background in political research and a commitment to protecting reproductive rights.
The Research Associate will be an integral member of the project’s core team. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically, incredible attention to detail, and strong organizational skills. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential.
This position is remote and can be performed from any location in the United States but requires adherence to East Coast work hours. The salary range for this position is $65,000 to $75,000, commensurate with experience.
● Conducting public records research including FOIA/RTK/Sunshine requests and productions
● Reviewing received records and compiling public records reports
● Experience conducting interviews whether through political methodology or journalism
● Working with project director to generate campaign products and external facing documents such as research reports and fact sheets
● Assisting project director with research work with partner organizations
● Professional research experience in a similar position as an investigator, political advocacy researcher, campaign researcher, or government employee
● Experience analyzing financial reports and disclosures
● Knowledge of state and federal government systems
● Ability to travel periodically
Equity Forward is a project of the Hopewell Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The Hopewell Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The Hopewell Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
About Equity Forward
Equity Forward is a watchdog project that seeks to ensure transparency and accountability among anti-reproductive health groups and individuals who are actively working to deny people access to services such as birth control and abortion.Equity Forward exists to not only conduct our own public information campaigns, but also to provide information to support others in the reproductive health, rights and justice community.Our work is singular. We do not create policy, we do not provide legal defense and we do not engage in elections. Equity Forward exists to create a window into what opponents of reproductive health care are doing, operationally and tactically, in order to expose malfeasance, fraud, unethical practices and false information to hold these forces accountable.