Century Engineering, Onsite GIS Data Analyst Annapolis, MD
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking a talented, 10+ year Data/GIS Analyst to support their Information & Spatial Solutions Team (IS2). This position will report on-site at our client’s office in Annapolis, MD. The on-site phase of this role has a duration of at least five (5) years. If after year 5, the on-site portion ends, this role will report to Century offices. The IS2 team is comprised of motivated data and technology professionals always looking to push the boundaries and construct effective and efficient data-driven applications to satisfy our clients’ complex business problems. If you value solutions over software, consider yourself a forward thinker, and are driven to remain current on cutting edge technology solutions… We are looking for you!
Under the direct supervision of client personnel/management, the Data/GIS Analyst will be responsible for providing data and analytical support services for projects of various complexities. These services include, but are not limited to data acquisition, creation, processing, manipulation, and visualization; database design, development, and maintenance; analytical support and reporting; cartographic production; and field reconnaissance. Individuals in this position must be detail-oriented, adaptive to changing requirements, and have the expertise to support complex data-related activities.
- Applies effective problem-solving skills upon data/project processes and practices
- Conducts data gathering, processing, creation, quality review and analysis from various sources/ formats
- Performs detailed data quality reviews to assess analytical feasibility
- Leads/supports the design and development of enterprise database systems
- Assists in project technical report compositions
- Prepares data documentation or metadata according to client standards
- Composes reports, maps and other exhibits for internal and public presentation
- Participates in team discussions and provides contributions
- Maintains leading-edge knowledge of technology and offers use cases for exploration
- Coordinates work with other disciplines
- Performs other duties as requested by Supervisor
- B.S. in Data or Computer Science, Geography/GIS, or another relevant field
- 10+ years of relevant experience (higher degree may be substituted in lieu of some experience)
- Expert-level use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) ArcGIS 10.x, ArcGIS Pro 2.x, ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online (AGOL)
- Experience building or operating GIS applications for Asset/Infrastructure Management Roadway, Pedestrian, Traffic, Stormwater Management, Safety, Utility, etc.
- Experience designing relational database structures including conceptual, logical and physical data models (ERD)
- Expertise with Structured Query Language (SQL) for interaction with MS SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience constructing database standards and integrity measures
- Ability to swiftly shift focus based on client-defined priorities and deadlines
- Good written and oral expression in English
- Familiarity with implementing and maintaining Linear Reference Systems (LRS)
- Expertise in data visualization through mapping, charts, or other graphic methods
- Ability to rapidly reach efficient and effective operation of new technologies
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.