The National Women’s Law Center seeks an experienced organizer and communicator to support issue campaigns and other initiatives that advance progress for women and girls at school, at work, at home, and in their communities.
The Senior Manager for Campaigns and Digital Strategies, centered on the Marketing & Communications team, will use both digital and offline tools to develop and implement compelling, creative and effective issue advocacy campaigns for the Center’s Income Security and Child Care team. This is a two-year term-limited, exempt position with possibility of extension or conversion to a permanent position, depending upon funding.
The National Women’s Law Center fights for gender justice — in the courts, in public policy, and in our society — working across the issues that are central to the lives of women and girls.
We use the law in all its forms to change culture and drive solutions to the gender inequity that shapes our society and to break down the barriers that harm all of us — especially those who face multiple forms of discrimination, including women of color, LGBTQ people, and low-income women and families.
For more than 45 years, we have been on the leading edge of every major legal and policy victory for women, and we need you with us to continue this fight.
· Conceptualize and execute multi-channel marketing and campaigns strategies that forward the Center’s legislative, policy, and narrative change goals specific to child care and income security work.
· Collaborate with the Director of Community Partnerships to facilitate story collection and related products from grantees, partner organization, and individuals most directly affected by our work. Manage and nurture relationships with partner organizations. Develop and write campaign plans, action alerts, social media content, blog posts, toolkits, and other related materials.
· Organize and manage occasional on-the-ground activations and events in collaboration with partner organizations.
· Plan and hold meetings, conference calls, public speaking opportunities, and other NWLC-hosted events.
· Project manage and coordinate efforts among team members working on these issues, including but not limited to graphic design, press, etc.
· Work collaboratively and closely with colleagues in the Marketing & Communications Department and with relevant program departments.
· Manage relationships with consultants and other vendors.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· At least five years’ experience running issue advocacy and/or local campaigns, organizing, and/or digital advocacy.
· A talent for grasping key policy messages and effectively communicating them to a variety of audiences, especially across digital channels.
· Experience in effectively building and maintaining relationships with coalition partners and other stakeholders a plus.
· Strong writing skills and experience writing across platforms and for diverse audiences.
Additional preferred skills and knowledge:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required.
· Specific experience working on economic justice, child care, tax and budget, or other related issues.
· Demonstrated commitment to and experience working on gender and racial equity and centering communities of color in their approach to work.
· Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative team.
· Has a great sense of humor, interpersonal skills, and experience building relationships across organizations and coalitions;
· Demonstrates calm under pressure, and welcomes moments of rapid response
· Hands-on experience with communications tools such as social media platforms and analytics, eCRMS, webinars, action alerts, listservs, and databases.
· Experience working in a 501(c)4 organization and/or on political campaigns.
The Senior Manager for Campaign and Digital Strategies reports to the Director of Campaigns. Additionally, the key focus areas of Income Security and Child Care will require this person to collaborate closely with for the Law Center’s Income Security and Child Care teams.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, including four weeks of annual vacation. NWLC is located on Metro’s Red Line in Dupont Circle.
Compensation & Benefits
A minimum salary of $74,500 will be provided to the successful candidate who has at least 5 years of experience directly relevant to this role, consistent with the National Women’s Law Center’s compensation framework.
The Center offers a comprehensive benefits package, and four weeks of annual vacation. NWLC is located on Metro’s Red Line in Dupont Circle.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter outlining your interests and qualifications, resume, three references from supervisors, and a short writing sample, via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the position title in the subject line. Electronic submissions are preferred. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036. Applications accepted until position is filled.
The National Women’s Law Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and values a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people with disabilities; people of all gender identities; people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals; veterans; and LGBTQI individuals.
As noted above, NWLC welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodations during any part of the hiring process, please email us at email@example.com or you may send the request by mail to:
National Women’s Law Center
ATTN: Human Resources Manager – Talent
11 Dupont Circle NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036