Women Make Movies (WMM) is seeking an energetic, dedicated and highly motivated full-time Marketing and Communications Manager to promote and publicize the organization, our programs, and our collection of films to our customers, potential customers, filmmakers and the media. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan for the organization and our programs. The successful candidate will be an experienced marketer who is passionate about the work of WMM; understands audience engagement across channels; has expertise with both generating data-driven assessments of marketing campaigns’ results and with improving campaigns’ outcomes over time; and thrives on working with a team to make all elements of a campaign come together successfully. This position supervises a Marketing and Outreach Coordinator and a Website Consultant.
Women Make Movies, a New York City non-profit media organization, is the leading distributor of films by and about women in North America. Founded in 1972, WMM is a feminist social enterprise with an 85% earned income revenue stream. Our Production Assistance Program assists women directors with their films from concept through completion. For ten of the last eleven years, films from our programs have won or been nominated for Oscars. WMM is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women of color, LQBTQ identified applicants, and older women to apply.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for development of marketing campaigns and promotional materials for WMM’s films, including educational, semi-theatrical, theatrical, broadcast and consumer campaigns; the PA Program and the organization itself.
- Creating strategic marketing plans to retain and expand opportunities with existing customers and developing new customers, including forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, staff assignments, and regular sales analysis using various metrics to measure all promotions.
- Work with senior staff and outside vendors to create a new website for the organization. Oversee the management of the WMM website: oversee updating of all content, develop features and functions that enhance users’ experience, sell films, and provide information to filmmakers.
- Brand management and insuring our brand is not only consistent, but also championed across all platforms: website, print publications and electronic communications.
· Craft compelling and strategic content for WMM’s external social media channels. Create and implement day-to-day content on social media platforms. Work with manager and relevant team members to approve posts and ensure tone and accuracy.
· Develop a list of goals for social media campaigns, with strategies for each. Determine measurements to assess success of campaign using benchmarks including reach, targeted audiences and sales.
· Create weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on social media and other marketing activities. Hold regular audits to determine effectiveness of overall strategies and campaigns.
· Analyze and report growth, engagement, and overall impact of marketing efforts using measurement tools and Google analytics. Use analytics to make recommendations on course corrections mid-campaign and as needed.
- 5+ years’ professional experience in marketing and outreach.
- Experience with marketing to academic and community organizations a plus.
- Excellent writing skills a must.
- Experience in promoting nonprofit arts organizations and/or independent film organizations
- Superior project management and supervising skills.
- Proficiency in website and social media management with experience in SEO/online optimization.
- Knowledge of graphic design programs; experience working with designers and print materials a plus
- Detail oriented; good copy-editing skills to ensure highest quality marketing engagement
- Experience with social media, digital and direct mail marketing; knowledge of Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Demonstrated expertise planning and overseeing successful educational and engagement campaigns targeting diverse audiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks under deadlines and work both independently and as a team.
- Flexible, professional, and a self-starter.
- A sense of humor appreciated.
- A passion for feminism and the work of women filmmakers essential
Email a cover letter and resume describing your relevant experience. Please include where you saw this job posting listed, as well as salary requirements (please do not say negotiable; though you may give us a range).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with subject line: Marketing and Communications Manager)
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE!
About Women Make Movies
Established in 1972 to address the under representation and misrepresentation of women in the media industry, Women Make Movies is a multicultural, multiracial, non-profit media arts organization which facilitates the production, promotion, distribution and exhibition of independent films and videotapes by and about women. The organization provides services to both users and makers of film and video programs, with a special emphasis on supporting work by women of color. Women Make Movies facilitates the development of feminist media through an internationally recognized Distribution Serviceand a Production Assistance Program.