The Development Department at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is looking for an intern to help raise the funds that enable GLAD to meet our goals. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact on issues of social justice in a very practical way. Join us and learn about or gain further experience in special events fundraising and non-profit development.
· Assist in managing the 180-item silent auction for GLAD’s “Summer Party” on Saturday, July 25 in Provincetown, MA (attendance is strongly preferred; transportation and housing provided), including following up on auction donation requests, tracking incoming auction items, and creating display materials for the auction
· Assist with sponsor follow-up, on-site registration, RSVP tracking, and other tasks as necessary for Summer Party and other GLAD events, including regional events and the Spirit of Justice Award dinner.
General development database tasks:
· Data entry and clean-up (SalesForce)
· Assist with mailings
· Draft correspondence to donors
· Conduct prospect research
· Other fundraising support as needed
All interns will receive extensive training in the Salesforce database and may assist with other projects. The opportunity to take a leadership role on a project is possible depending on experience and hours of availability.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in non-profit development and preferably some background in an administrative office setting. The ability to take direction, show initiative and follow through in a dynamic environment is a must. Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions are also critical.
This is a full-time (37.5 hours/week), internship. A stipend of $2,000 total is available for interns meeting certain hours requirements during their internship. Time commitment is relatively flexible, ideally intern would begin in late May and stay through mid-August. Hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening or weekend event.
18 Tremont Street, Boston, MA 02108
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Mads Ouellette, Development Operations Assistant
About GLBTQ Legal Avdocates & Defenders (GLAD)
Through strategic litigation, public policy advocacy, and education, GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders works in New England and nationally to create a just society free of discrimination based on gender identity and expression, HIV status, and sexual orientation.