|$14.00 – $19.56 Hourly|
ISSUE DATE: 07/31/19
FINAL FILING DATE: 08/14/19.
Inviting applications for the role of:
Recreation Leader (Sports)
The City of Gainesville is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who is innovative and forward thinking that will embrace the organization’s citizen-centered vision. The community, its elected leaders, and executive leadership team have embraced this vision.
The Parks, Recreation & Cultural Affairs Department is looking for an individual to help lead our Sports Section, which includes Athletics and Aquatics. The position will primarily be responsible for athletic programs, activities and facilities. This individual will assist in the coordination and implementation of several youth and adult sports programs facilitated by the department and partnerships such as basketball, baseball, football, cheerleading, softball, etc.
Tasks to be performed may include but not be limited to creating contracts and permits associated with facility rentals and events. Develops, plans and oversees social media and website content, posts and responses. Schedules meetings, prepares meeting agendas and minutes. Oversees and coordinates facility calendars. Creates staff schedules. Creates timesheets and oversees payroll processes. Assists coordination with outside groups and businesses in facility activities designed to benefit the City. Performs site program criteria evaluations, takes notes, and provides feedback to assigned staff and follow-ups with supervisor. Performs timely, fair and non-discriminatory evaluation of performance of employees under their supervision. Assists manager in responding to requests for services from the public and other agencies. Oversees and instructs various athletic, sports, aquatic and recreation programs and classes, including training volunteers and coaches in sportsmanship and team building. Maintains registration, participation, inventory and expenditure records for recreation programs. Collects registration and other applicable fees and charges for special events, leagues, camps, programs, trips, activities, special populations, and other recreation programs. Assists with pre-employment testing and training of staff.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma and
- Three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in recreational programming, instruction, management or related activities; or an equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid State of Florida Driver License within (30) days of appointment.
- National Alliance for Youth Sports certification as a Certified Youth Sports Administrator (CYSA) is required within twelve (12) months of appointment.
- National Recreation and Parks Association certification as a Certified Parks and Recreation Professional (CPRP) is required within 18 months of appointment.
- American Red Cross certification (or equivalent) in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid is required upon appointment.
- May fill multiple positions
- May establish an eligibility list
- May under fill the position
About City of Gainesville
Job closing date/time: Wed. 08/14/19 11:59 PM Eastern Time