Are you an inspired and inspiring leader with a passion for social justice and improving systems’ responses to victims of domestic violence? PA Coalition Against Domestic Violence (PCADV) is currently seeking a Staff Attorney. This individual will develop effective strategies for supporting victims of domestic violence, stalking and dating violence in order to create statewide access to civil legal information, assistance, and referral. Responsibilities will include:
· Plan and conduct clinics for members of the target population that do not require representation
· Development community partnerships to create greater statewide access to civil legal information, assistance, and representation for crime victims
· Provide expert legal information and services to victims via telephone and e-mail communication
· Develop and publish papers, briefs, memos and technical assistance packets on prioritized issues related to civil and criminal legal issues facing victims of domestic violence.
· Coordinate and facilitate various meetings and trainings for in-house staff and organizational partners.
To be considered for this position, you must possess law degree from an American Bar Association-accredited law school, an active law license demonstrating current eligibility to practice law in Pennsylvania, and a minimum of three years of experience in the practice of law. Additionally, you must have:
· Thorough knowledge of Pennsylvania civil law and practice related to domestic violence, dating violence and stalking.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, manage time, evaluate progress, and adjust activities to complete work within established time frames.
· Ability to exercise independent initiative and sound judgment to identify problems and propose workable solutions.
If you are by nature invested in empowering others, can articulate your commitment to diversity and the mission of PCADV, please apply. This is a full-time position based at PCADV’s Harrisburg, Pennsylvania office with the possibility of some remote work available.
The full job description can be viewed at
PCADV offers very competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. We are fully committed to a culturally diverse staff to better serve domestic violence victims and program staff, many of whom experience racial, gender, economic and other/multiple oppressions. We seek people from diverse backgrounds with a commitment to PCADV’s mission to end domestic violence.
3605 Vartan Way, Suite 101
Harrisburg, PA 17110
Or Fax: (717) 671-8149