Indivisible is hiring statewide organizers in the states below. Click the location to apply.
Indivisible is hiring creative and passionate Statewide Organizers to implement the roll out of our national electoral program across a targeted state. These Organizers will be responsible for supporting, developing and managing group volunteer leadership to organize local and statewide electoral efforts. Statewide organizing staff will be responsible for creating and executing strategic field plans in collaboration with organizing and political leadership, strengthening and building the volunteer base, and serving as the representation of Indivisible in their designated states. The job will also include some amount of advocacy work with the volunteer leadership around Indivisible mission to fight the Trump Administration’s agenda. As a part of this ambitious effort, organizers will help add impactful progressive gains in the 2018 Midterm Elections, and then continue with Indivisible beyond the elections to expand advocacy work in the state and hold newly elected representatives accountable. We are seeking dynamic individuals who excel in fostering long-term relationships, project management and volunteer development.
This position is full-time, with a minimum salary of $48,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Develop key relationships with community leaders, local influencers, partnered organizations and coalitions
- Delegate and manage volunteer base in tactical skills, tools utilization and capacity building
- Debrief and reflect; engage in critical analysis to provide quantitative and qualitative field reports to Senior Organizing Manager
- Influence impactful partnerships and local coalition building
- Responsible for facilitating and planning trainings throughout the State as assigned
- Identify, recruit and activate potential volunteers and members to join organizational efforts
- Meet or exceed assigned voter contact goals in pursuit of larger programmatic objectives
- Report, track and record real time data
- Manage time and resources to maximize organizational impact
- Coordinate the work of volunteers and group leaders; provide guidance and mentorship; lias group output in state to national leadership
- 2-3 years/cycles of experience in electoral organizing including experience in state or political organizing/campaigns
- Experience in volunteer management and training in both electoral and advocacy campaigns
- Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with outside stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Google Suite
- Willingness to travel across state for regional visits and volunteer engagement
- Ability to be a team player and collaborator on cross departmental projects
- Willingness to jump in without hesitation to any task – big or small
- An ongoing interest in continued learning and adaptation based on shared best practices
- Demonstrated ability to be nimble, adaptable and thrive in campaign-like environment
- Alignment on the core progressive values of the Indivisible Project and commitment to assisting groups in implementing the strategy of the Indivisible Guide
Note: If you believe you can fulfill the job responsibilities, are a good match, and are excited by the position, but do not meet all of the qualifications listed above please still apply and emphasize any transferable skills in your resume.