Century Engineering – Hunt Valley, MD Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Survey Crew Instrument Operator to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Hunt Valley office. Must be a team player, able to work as a member of a survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of way, transportation, and construction surveys.
- Complete site control, boundary reconnaissance, construction staking and topographic, surveys
- Assist with all aspects of the daily crew assignment to include maintenance of survey equipment and supplies
- Utilize electronic distance measuring equipment, GPS receivers and electronic data collectors to perform surveying tasks
- Provide assistance to other survey crews when necessary and occasionally partner with other technical disciplines to complete assigned tasks
- Work in a safe manner and obey safety regulations
- Continually work to advance knowledge and learn new techniques and processes to include upgrades in technology and various types of surveying equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in civil and transportation related surveying; college level courses in surveying will be considered in lieu of experience
- Five or more years of experience in civil and transportation related surveying preferred
- Must have working knowledge and proficiency with Leica, Carlson, Topcon and/or Trimble robotic instruments, data collectors and/or GPS equipment
- Ability to write legibly and convey technical information as well as effectively present information, communicate, and respond to questions from co-workers, clients and the public
- Basic knowledge of mathematics to include addition/subtraction, multiplication and division and the types of measurements related to land surveying including linear, angular, elevations and unit systems conversion
- Effective communication skills with ability to work effectively with other technical professionals
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be able to obtain a background clearance for on-site access to work if required by the client
- Local residency or able to relocate at your own expense
- Physically mobile in and around construction sites and field assignments
- Ability to carry survey equipment and supplies in remote, rugged, rural or urban surroundings
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Required to stand for long periods of time and/or walk long distances
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work outdoors and on construction sites under all weather conditions and carry survey equipment
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.