Century Engineering – Richmond, VA Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
NXL Construction Company, a division of Century Engineering, is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Survey Party Chief to join its Survey Department.
- Perform field work for a variety of standard survey operations such as leveling, traversing, topographic mapping, layout, as-builts, boundary, profile and cross-section surveys, under the supervision of a Project Manager
- Read and interpret plans such as site, boundary, highway, profile and cross sections, horizontal and vertical curves, pipeline and foundation plans
- Lead the process of collecting field data to produce positional information, i.e. leveling, traversing, stadia, topographic mapping, interpreting control point records and data sheets, locating points in the field and implementing staking and marking strategy
- Portray knowledge of surveying ethics and technical standards, as well as pride in the profession through attire, integrity and respect for personal property
- Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and survey methodology, including training and mentoring of junior level employees.
- A working knowledge of general survey principals, terminology as well as state and federal safety, environmental controls and regulations. Should be well versed in geometry and trigonometry in regard to angles and True North determination; map reading and data collection as well as sources of measurement errors
- Strong communications and respectful customer service is highly required
- Efficient operation of field equipment such as Topcon model Total Stations, TDS Ranger Data Collectors, GPS, and the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies. Experience with Leica equipment a plus. Basic computer skills are required with email communications and downloading of data. Some AutoCAD and/or MicroStation knowledge a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent. Courses in mathematics and surveying that are required in order to perform the above responsibilities. Position requires specialized technical training in surveying data collection, GPS and other emergent technologies. Generally has extensive field experience for more than four (4) years or a combination of survey experience and academic preparation. May be a Land Surveyor in Training, a Certified Survey Technician Level 2 or equivalent experience.
- Frequent travel is required with this position to include occasional overnight stays
- This position operates mainly in an outdoor setting in weather conditions that can be extreme at times in regard to hot or cold temperatures. The noise level on job sites can be loud. Some office time is also required.
This position requires the ability to frequently stand and walk, as well as reach overhead and with repetitive hand/wrist motion
- This position requires occasional twisting/turning, stooping/bending, squatting, crawling/kneeling and climbing, as well as frequent lifting and/or carrying up to 100 lbs with assistance of other field personnel.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.