Century Engineering – Newark, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a highly motivated, and detail-oriented Survey Technician/Designer to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Newark, Delaware office.
- Draft preliminary layouts from engineering notes such as topographic and survey plans, sketches, and/or other drawings, ensuring they meet our company and industry standards and codes
- Complete drawing/project responsibilities within scope, budget, and schedule to include reviewing drawings for completeness and accuracy
- Manage the maintenance and storage of drawing files for active projects on servers
- Assist in the preparation of land development plans and correspondence with the project team, including design aspects such as site layout, grading and utility design
- Work as a support member of a survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of way, transportation, and construction surveys as needed
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in an engineering related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Survey Technician/Designer to include experience using AutoCAD and plotting deeds and plats
- Knowledge of the principles, techniques, terminology and computer-systems applications relating to surveying
- Knowledge of mathematics, including algebra, geometry and trigonometry
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Current/valid State Driver’s License
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.