Lewis-Clark State College invites applications for the position of Title IX Coordinator. This position reports directly to the President. The Title IX Coordinator will work a flexible 20 hour per week schedule and will receive full benefits.
Salary based on experience and qualifications: Up to $35,000 DOE
Degree Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Two years’ experience conducting interviews and investigations and synthesizing investigations into thorough, comprehensive reports.
- Experience developing and delivering trainings in-person and online.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to interpret federal and state anti-discrimination laws and regulations.
- Master’s Degree
- Progressively responsible experience in a higher education environment, including Title IX investigation experience
The Title IX Coordinator for Lewis-Clark State College is responsible for coordination and oversight of the College’s Title IX compliance. The Title IX Coordinator shares oversight of compliance with state and federal discrimination laws and regulations with the College’s Human Resource Services Director and Compliance Officer and enforces the College’s policies prohibiting sexual misconduct, discrimination and retaliation.
- Coordinates and implements the College’s Title IX compliance, education, training and investigative efforts and helps strengthen a culture that supports a safe and respectful learning, working and living environment.
- Monitors and coordinates College’s Title IX compliance activities to ensure that all requirements are met, including timely submission of required reports and required storage of documents.
- Monitors and enforces the College’s compliance with state and federal anti-discrimination and retaliation laws, in coordination with the Director of Human Resource Services.
- Annually collects and analyzes data on athletics in conjunction with Title IX regulations.
- Works collaboratively with administrators in the offices of Student Affairs, Security, Academic Affairs, Administrative Services, Human Resource Services, Athletics, the Provost’s Office, the President’s Office and others as appropriate with respect to overlapping responsibilities related to sexual misconduct and compliance with Title IX, the Violence Against Women’s Act (VAWA), the Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act (SaVE) and the Clery Act.
- Advises senior leadership on emerging Title IX issues and laws, regulatory changes and requirements fostering commitment and support from executive leadership.
- Provides a long-term vision for compliance and community development that further enhances a safe and respectful learning, living and working environment.
- Conducts and/or oversees the prompt, effective and equitable investigation and timely resolution of all complaints of sexual misconduct and gender-based discrimination brought by employees, students, and others protected under state and federal laws and College policies. Recommend corrective action where appropriate.
- Oversees the College’s Title IX complaint investigation and hearing procedures.
- Coordinates investigation and response to all complaints ensuring complaints are handled through consistent practices and per DOE and OCR regulations and LCSC’s Sexual Misconduct / Title IX policy.
- Identifies and addresses any patterns of sexual misconduct.
- Serves as the College’s resource on Title IX state and federal regulations, state and federal anti-discrimination laws and trends as well as VAWA, SaVE and Clery regulation updates.
- Works in collaboration with College departments to collect and report all required data to the Department of Education and the Office of Civil Rights.
Application Procedure: Please upload the following documents:
- Cover Letter
Application review will begin January 29, 2018 and will continue until position is filled.
This position is subject to the successful completion of a criminal background check. LCSC is an EEO/AA/VETS employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.