Planned Parenthood North Central States
Total Rewards Specialist – St. Paul, MN
At Planned Parenthood North Central States (PPNCS), we believe all people deserve the right, the freedom and the opportunity to follow their personal ambitions and choose their own path toward a healthier, more meaningful life. That’s why we protect, promote and provide comprehensive and progressive sexual and reproductive health care for generations of young people and families with empathy, care and respect. We are looking for passionate, dedicated staff who are eager to make positive contributions to their community and to the Planned Parenthood mission.
Under general supervision, the Total Rewards Specialist provides professional HR support to the employees and managers of Planned Parenthood North Central States. In collaboration with HR colleagues and vendors, this position is responsible for the day to day and project-related work associated with PPNCS compensation and benefits administration including but not limited: benefits, leave administration compensation analysis, and other duties such as new hire orientation, employee offboarding. All employees are expected to be advocates in implementing our mission of “Affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.”
Essential functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the ongoing administration of all employee benefits and wellness programs, such as group health, dental and vision, disability, life insurance, retirement, COBRA, etc.
- Answer all eligibility, claim, and plan coverage questions as well as research and resolve any issues that may arise
- Audit and maintain benefit information in the HRIS system (UltiPro)
- Maintains effective communication strategies and ensures all benefit programs are understood and appropriately valued by team members
- Coordinate and conduct new hire benefits orientation and enrollment, and assists with benefits training
- Manage the open benefits enrollment process (annually)
- Administer Leaves of Absences in accordance with our third-party vendors, company policies, and FMLA/ADA regulations
- Support the administration of the Compensation programs to ensure consistency, compliance, and support of the company’s program and strategy
- Participate in compensation surveys and analysis. Assists with FLSA audits and maintains job description library
- Work with internal team members to promote and administer recognition programs
- Lead or participate in related projects
- Other related duties as assigned
- Support, cooperate with, and implement specific procedures and programs for: safety and security, confidentiality, quality assurance, compliance with current laws and regulations including HIPAA and mandated reporting, and training
Full-time position working 40 hours per week.
Tentative schedule: Monday-Friday within regular business hours (between 8:00am-5:00pm)
This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, long-term disability, life insurance, PTO, extended illness leave, volunteer time off, paid holidays, and 403(b) retirement plan.
Physical Work Intensity & Work Environment
Level 1, Sedentary – Physical requirements require sitting at a desk 6-7 hours per day in front of computer terminal. Must be able to use hands for repetitive action on a daily basis. Lifting up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis and use of computer, telephone, calculator, laser printer, modem and fax on a daily basis. Must be able to climb stairs. The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years of experience in benefits administration
- Ability to communicate effectively – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Google products and willingness to learn new software applications.
- Previous compensation administration experience
- Experience with UltiPro HRIS system
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proactive self-starter, confident in their ability to move work forward quickly and accurately with limited direction
- Extreme attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy in all work
- Excellent time management; strong prioritization skills and ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Strong computer skills, with advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency
- Skilled at organizing one’s own work, but also understanding organizational needs of others and accommodating their needs
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Possess excellent and professional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with multiple stakeholders internally and externally
- Proven supervisory experience
- Ability to meet deadlines in an environment which may contain distractions and interruptions
Planned Parenthood North Central States supports people of all ages in making responsible choices and planning their futures. We are an organization committed to creating and fostering an environment that leads to engaged employees, and we believe engaged employees results in satisfied customers and exceptional experiences. When you work for Planned Parenthood you make a difference in the lives of those we serve by affirming the human right to reproductive health and freedom.
Planned Parenthood is committed to hiring and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce that effectively employs the skills and talents of all employees in our organization. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of their race, color, creed, sex, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, size, disability, socioeconomic status or status with regard to public assistance. We encourage diverse candidates to apply for this position. AA/EEO
Any job offer will be contingent upon the results of a background investigation.