Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is currently seeking a Traffic Designer for our Dover, DE office location to complete traffic systems design tasks under the guidance of an experienced project manager. Candidates for this position will demonstrate proficiency in MicroStation to complete a range of traffic engineering design tasks with minimal to no guidance.
- Apply the principles in the DE Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD) as well as interpret and apply applicable federal, state and/or local standards and processes
- Develop traffic signal plans, roadway lighting designs, ITMS designs, and signing and striping plans
- Carry out required deliverables for DelDOT projects
- Develop support information and applicable deliverables for multiple tasks
- 2-year degree from accredited higher education institution in an engineering related field
- Minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience in the traffic engineering field
- In lieu of a 2-year degree, a minimum of 8 years of experience will be considered along with relevant internship experience or related college coursework
- Proficiency with MicroStation and DelDOT Standards required
- Experience working on DelDOT projects required
- Experience with additional CAD software applications a plus
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Additional Considerations (Not required but will be considered in determining compensation): EIT or PE certification
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.