Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century is currently seeking a Traffic Engineer for our Dover, DE office location to work on challenging and exciting traffic design projects under the guidance of an experienced project manager. The successful candidate will work on multiple design tasks, be a team player with effective communication skills, and possess a willingness to expand their knowledge in many areas of traffic/transportation engineering.
- Conduct traffic data collection, traffic impact studies and traffic operational analyses
Perform traffic engineering tasks through application of relevant design criteria, standards and processes to develop traffic control device plans (TCD), intelligent transportation systems (ITS), and roadway lighting plans
- Apply the principles in the MUTCD as well as interpret and apply applicable federal, state and/or local standards and processes to tasks
- Develop support information and applicable deliverables
- BS from ABET accredited engineering program
- EIT Certification is a plus
- 0 to 3 years of experience in the traffic engineering field. Relevant internship experience or college coursework will be considered
- The ability to interpret and apply applicable federal, state and/or local standards and processes is a preferred
- Experience applying the principles in the MUTCD as well as the DelDOT Traffic Design Manual is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office required
- Experience in CAD software required; MicroStation is a plus
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.