|Key Responsibilities of the Training Center Director include:
• Represent the pre-eminent organizer training program with external audiences including promoting our track record of running top-notch training for the last 40 years.
• Coordinate internal trainings including August entry-level training, Canvass Director training, and ongoing skills training for experienced staff.
• Take our offline curriculum and move it online for greater accessibility.
• Run activist trainings with community groups throughout the country on behalf of our state groups.
• Work with other national trainings such as Democratic Gain, New Organizing Institute and Wellstone action to help provide trainings for the social change movement at large.
• Pull together, coordinate and develop training content.
Candidates should be strong trainers, good at working with people, and the ability to manage large projects, such as coordinating 250 person trainings. Also strong networking skills a must. Ideal candidates must have at least 10 years’ experience.
Pay and benefits
Pay and benefits for this position is commensurate with the relevant professional experience and/or advanced degrees that a candidate has. A competitive benefits package includes health care coverage; parental leave; educational loan assistance; retirement plan; as well as paid holidays; vacation and sick days. Opportunities for advancement, travel, and additional training are available.
Boston, New York, DC, Denver, San Francisco, or Los Angeles.
Apply online at http://publicinterestnetwork.org/page/pin/apply. Direct your application to Kyle Larson, Hiring Director.
The Public Interest Network is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative