Training & Community Outreach Assistant
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Training & Community Outreach Assistant to join our Training & Community Outreach team. EMILY’s List has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 46,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The Training & Community Outreach Assistant assists the VP, Training and Community Outreach in carrying out a variety of projects related to the strategic planning, implementation and other aspects of EMILY’s List’s training and outreach programs.
• Administrative and scheduling support to the VP of Training and Community Outreach, including maintenance of contacts and files
• Preparing the VP of Training and Community Outreach for presentations and meetings
• Preparing reports for training and tracking strategic partnership data
• Coordinating the planning and logistics preparation for trainings
• Liaising with the Digital and Communications Departments to help keep them informed on trainings and to help brainstorm ways to continuously highlight trainings
• Attending trainings and events as needed- providing logistics support
• Assisting with the development of training materials, and performing strategic partnership research
• Maintaining and responding to the Training Inbox
• Answering calls from trainees/ people interested in trainings
• Sending training invites, event invites, and other correspondence to our Run to Win lists as needed
• Managing data integrity across systems
• Attending strategic ally meetings and events
• Serving as lunch hour back-up and break relief for front desk as needed
• Performing other duties as assigned
The Training and Community Outreach Assistant must be organized, mature, creative, possess good judgement and excellent verbal and written communications skills. They must have strong logistics skills, be adept with social media, and have strong PowerPoint and visual presentation abilities. Outstanding planning and execution skills are essential. The Training and Community Outreach Assistant should be an innovative self-starter, able to work with a wide variety of people, and able to prioritize and handle a variety of projects. Professional demeanor required. Electoral experience, including volunteer or internships, is strongly preferred. The Training and Community Outreach Assistant must be comfortable speaking to large groups of people and willing to travel. Commitment to the diversity of our training rooms and strategic alliances is required. Commitment and passion to elect Pro-Choice Democratic Women required.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject line including your name and the job title. No calls, please.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.