Port Authority is seeking Transit Police Officer applicants to provide internal and external security of the Port Authority, its facilities and equipment, including assisting in special investigations. To protect Port Authority employees, patrons, and property.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: or EDUCATION and/or Experience
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Valid PA Driver’s License.
· Current Act 120 certification or candidate must successfully pass the Act 120 certification test prior to an interview.
· Successful completion of administered written Police Officer exam.
· Successful completion of administered fitness exam.
· Basic clerical skills.
· Ability to observe and analyze situations objectively and respond appropriately.
· Ability to handle emotionally charged situations.
· Ability to act quickly and calmly in emergency situations.
· Professional and effective communication skills to include:
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
· Successfully complete/maintain the following required training:
· Yearly firearm qualifications with a department authorized firearm.
· Maintain Basic First Aid and CPR/AED Certification.
· Yearly mandatory in-service training.
· Job specific training, as required.
· Ability to work various shifts, pass days, weekends/holidays, as required.
· This a Safety-Sensitive position subject to all testing provisions under the Drug and Alcohol Policy, including random drug and alcohol testing. The person selected for this position may be required to be tested prior to being awarded the job.