Aristotle is looking for a UI/UX Designer (with some JS development experience) that believe those companies that champion a design-centric approach to their product interfaces are the ones that rise above the rest.
You live and breathe clean and intuitive design. You won’t cut corners and aspire towards that harmonious compromise of simplicity and functionality. You will collaborate with other designers, product managers, project managers, developers, and non-tech stakeholders to build beautiful applications for the political tech spectrum.
You will have the opportunity to think conceptually to translate business and functional user requirements into intuitive and engaging software interfaces and interactions. You’re a team player that thinks critically, paired with a determined and positive problem-solving attitude. Being able to communicate design solutions into functioning user experience workflows to both tech and non-tech stakeholders will be an important aspect in selecting our candidate for these positions.
- 3+ years of UI Design experience
- Ability to rapid prototype a UI from rough sketches
- Experience working with stakeholders to define requirements for new features and UI implementations
- Ability to create custom designs and implementations totally from scratch
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple teams at once
- Firm understanding of responsive design and development
- ADVANCED level of knowledge and experience with HTML and CSS Knowledge of tools like Grunt and CSS preprocessors like Sass/Less would be a PLUS
- Understanding of browser limitations and support for CSS properties
- Familiarity with code versioning systems Experience working with Agile team
These are optional but are a PLUS:
- Familiarity with ASP.NET MVC
- Familiarity with Knockout.js
- Proficiency with SASS
- Experience with D3.js or another charting library
- Experience working with Bootstrap
- Basic understanding of Node and package management
- Basic understanding of task runners such as Gulp
- Familiarity with agile methodology and Scrum
A portfolio of work is required.
All positions are Full-Time, with competitive compensation, medical benefits, paid vacation, 401k plan and stock options. Casual dress code and a non-corporate atmosphere make this a fun place to work and learn in a team environment. Please visit our website at www.aristotle.com.