The Pennsylvania Joint Board of Worker’s United, SEIU, (PAJB)
Title: UNION ORGANIZER Annual Salary: $48,000-$54,000/YR
Position based in Allentown, PA. Work area encompasses Eastern PA, Lehigh Valley, North East PA.
WHO WE ARE:
The Pennsylvania Joint Board of Worker’s United, SEIU, (PAJB), based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, represents approximately 5000 workers spanning from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. Our membership is diverse, and includes garment workers, food service workers, distribution center workers, and industrial laundry workers.
Workers United has a deeply rooted history representing low-wage and garment workers. Today we still hold the values close from over 100 years ago: every worker deserves to be treated with dignity and respect. These are the same values share by our parent union, the Service Employee International Union, with over two million members in the United States and Canada, and a leader in the fight for social justice.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct broad and intensive outreach efforts to non-union workers and union members.
- Build one-on-one relationships with workers.
- Identify, recruit and develop worker leaders, including volunteer member organizers and Organizing Committee members.
- Conduct individual and group meetings with workers to move organizing campaigns forward.
- Engage, motivate and mobilize workers to take action.
- Plan and carry out actions and events to support worker organizing efforts.
- Under the direction of the Organizing Director, lead new and internal organizing campaigns, and assist in executing strategic organizing plans for the PAJB.
- Ensure the tracking, reporting and analysis of campaign data.
- Work with allied organizations and communities in the fight for better conditions for workers.
- Coordinates with other Local Union staff to carry out the PAJB organizing program and priorities.
- Minimum of two years prior experience in labor organizing and demonstrated commitment to workers’ rights and social justice.
- Adept at leading and motivating workers in difficult struggles.
- Knowledge of relevant body of knowledge, including labor law governing organizing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to develop varied communications strategy as part of organizing campaigns.
- Skilled at managing and meeting deadlines in a fast-based campaign environment.
- Strong oral, written and listening skills in English. Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and judgment skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Flexible and adept at dealing with changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including social media, Word, Excel, VAN, and good planning and administrative skills.
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability and willingness to work long, irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently and often for extended periods of time within Pennsylvania
- Relocation to Allentown, Pennsylvania is required if offered a position. PA JB does not reimburse or cover relocation costs.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Starting salary ranges from $48,000 – $55,000 based on experience. Position is an overtime exempt salaried position. Benefits package includes pension and fully paid health insurance. Car allowance will be provided.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PAJB is an affirmative action employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or disability. We work to ensure fair treatment of applicants and employees and actively enforce policies against discrimination and sexual harassment.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/f6ksykrnrmhrc3xz