Century Engineering – Dover, DE and Newark, DE
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a highly motivated Utility Coordinator capable of managing projects for its Dover, Delaware and Newark, Delaware offices. The successful candidate will oversee multiple utility coordination projects by providing quality assurance for meeting utility relocation criteria and regulatory requirements.
- Act on behalf of Century to administer Federal and State laws regarding utility relocations necessitated by transportation related projects
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Conduct and attend coordination meetings with clients, subconsultants, designers, utility companies and other government and regulatory agencies to discuss proposed highway plans, relocation of utilities, cost responsibilities, scheduling and construction
- Participate in strategic development and implementation of utility programs to include collaboration with DelDOT to find solutions to enhance and promote efficient relocation/installation of utility facilities
- Assist with proposals and organize presentations, as necessary
- Represent the company to clients and community to include participation in professional associations, political functions and networking events
- Develop schedules and budgets
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans
- Coordinate and review work of SUE firms in the investigation of utility locations
- Review proposed construction phasing and evaluate constructability of utility relocations
- Prepare Utility Conflict Matrix in coordination with utility companies and design engineers
- Prepare, review and track progress of submissions and checklists
- Maintain documentation and report issues to the Client
- Review the Utility’s Traffic Control Plans and coordinate proposed work with DelDOT’s Traffic Safety and Project Designers
- Write project utility statements
- Coordinate during construction with Contractors, clients, utility companies, surveyors, and safety to monitor and document utility relocations
- Familiarity with MISS Utility
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant utility coordination or related field experience in Delaware
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and the use of collaborative web sites
- Experience working within the Mid-Atlantic region
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with DelDOT and Delaware Utilities, Counties and Municipalities
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact email@example.com or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.