Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is currently looking for an experienced Utility Locator to perform subsurface utility locates on highway related and private projects within the Delmarva Peninsula and Southeast Pennsylvania areas. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and be a detailed oriented individual interested in joining our Traffic and Utility Engineering Division. OQ Certification, if not current, will need to be obtained within three months of employment.
Under the direction of a Utility Manager, performs work that involves visual inspection of predefined construction areas and reading and interpretation of utility maps to determine the presence of underground utilities, while using special electronic equipment to actually detect and locate said utilities. The utilities may include (but not be limited to) gas, electric, cable TV, telecommunications, sanitary sewer, water lines, street lighting and other facilities within the predefined construction area.
- Use iPad or other devices to receive, document and close out excavation notices
- Read and interpret utility maps / prints to identify the type and size of underground utilities
- Use assigned communication equipment to effectively communicate with excavators, utility reps, and company personnel, regarding underground facilities
- Operate different electronic detection equipment, to locate and mark under-ground facilities within prescribed accuracy limits
- Use ground penetrating radar or sonar to locate non-ferrous conduits and pipes
- Provide accurate documentation and photos of all locates related to all locates completed
- Receive and respond to excavation notices in accordance with established time requirements
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner, and maintain professional appearance
- Be able to perform junction well and/or manhole entry using assigned equipment and safety devices
- Perform work in all weather conditions
- Minimum of 1-year utility locate experience
- Minimum of 1-year damage free
- High School Diploma, or GED
- Valid State driver’s license
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
Regular use of hands and fingers to operate specialized equipment and tools; reaching overhead above the shoulders and horizontally; bending at the waist; standing and or walking for extended periods of time; hearing and speaking to exchange information; carrying 3-5 lb. electronic locating equipment for extended periods of time; lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.centuryeng.com
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.