WOMEN VOTE! Research Coordinator
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a WOMEN VOTE! Research Coordinator to join our WOMEN VOTE! team. EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $600 million to elect pro-choice Democratic women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY’s List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect 150 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,100 women to state and local office. Nearly 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. During the historic 2017-2018 cycle, EMILY’s List raised a record-breaking $110 million and launched a record independent expenditure campaign. We helped elect 34 new women to the House, including 24 red-to-blue victories; enough seats to have delivered the U.S. House majority alone. Since the 2016 election, more than 46,000 women have reached out to EMILY’s List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state and national offices.
The EMILY’s List WOMEN VOTE! Research Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the research and voter communication components of the WOMEN VOTE! program.
This is a cycle position with an end date of December 31, 2020.
- Research and track information on candidates, campaigns and districts for internal organization needs;
- Track campaigns in the media, such as local news outlets, blogs, social media, TV and radio advertisements, as well as public polling;
- Produce media clips daily on critical races as assigned;
- Analyze legislative and campaign finance records;
- Assist in fact-checking WOMEN VOTE! program communications;
- Assist in providing research back up to polls and program communications;
- Proofreading and copy editing documents;
- Work with Research Director and some external research consultants to ensure voter communications leave the building error-free;
- Provide departmental support as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least one cycle of political or campaign experience, preferably in research or communications;
- Proficient understanding and substantive experience with online research tools, specifically Lexis-Nexis, as well as Microsoft Office systems; working knowledge of CQ and THOMAS a plus but not required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and juggle multiple large projects and deadlines;
- A commitment to electing pro-choice Democratic women;
- Applicants must be motivated self-starters, well-organized, detail-oriented and able to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment handling multiple assignments with tight deadlines.
EMILY’s List offers a competitive salary and a strong benefits package. To apply, email resume and cover letter to No calls, please. – subject line including your name and the job title.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multi-cultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.