J Street is looking to hire student fellows to represent the organization on their campuses in the 2021-2022 school year. Interested students should complete this short application and demonstrate a commitment to J Street as well as an interest in its issues and experience in organizing.
Preference will be given to fellows applying from campuses with little or no J Street U membership. Fellows will be hired by the end of the school year and trained over the summer.
Fellows’ responsibilities will include but are not limited to some of the following:
- Representing J Street U at orientation, information sessions, and activities fairs each semester
- Signing up interested students and handling their data administration
- Running a certain number of J Street U programs on campus per term (film screenings, discussion groups, speakers)
- Coordinating recruitment from their campus to J Street’s national conference in the Spring of 2022
- Running occasional Information tables to ensure appropriate J Street U visibility on campus
Fellows will be paid $1000/semester and will be expected to work an average of 3-5 hours/week.
Applications are due by May 23rd
At J Street we value an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to understanding and valuing each other’s perspectives at all levels of the organization thereby creating a culture that allows us to better serve our employees, and the communities we work with. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment and fellowship, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits, and termination.