Website Grow Progress
Building cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good.
Grow Progress is offering a Data Analyst fellowship to begin in the fall of 2021. The fellowship is intended to last for six months.
We know that access to opportunities in tech are not always equal, and are especially limited for those with less privilege or access to professional networks. Our fellowship program will offer the opportunity to be part of a team that is building cutting-edge persuasion technology for social good. But more than that, we aim for the program to give someone passionate about progressive technology and engaging with their community a leg up into tech and a career of their choosing.
We’re hoping to see applications from:
- Recent graduates from degree or bootcamp programs
- People looking to transition careers or those returning to the workforce
- People early in their career and looking to gain more experience
Additionally, we are on the lookout for candidates whose lived experience might further connect them to the missions of some of the organizations we serve. Our clients work on some of the biggest and most important problems facing our country today: engaging a divided electorate, the climate crisis, racial and social justice activism, reproductive health, affordable housing, and more. We care deeply that our technology puts their needs first. That’s all to say, you might be an especially good fit for the program if you have limited access to generational wealth or resources; are a first-generation college student at a state university or community college; identify with another group that is under-represented in tech; or grew up speaking more than one language or identify as multicultural.
Does any of this sound like you? If you want to make a big social impact and grow your skill set by building products from the ground up, we hope you’ll apply. Or maybe the position sounds like a fit for someone you know? Share the posting with your network!
Who We Are
- Grow Progress gives our customers the power to persuade more people by tailoring their messages to match each audience member’s identity. We help customers harness the latest persuasion science to create messaging that’s typically 200% to 500% more effective than their existing ads. We do this by predicting which personality traits and values are most important to each individual based on their digital footprints.
- We’re deploying these tools to super-charge campaigns, causes, and companies that make the world a better place. We currently work with many of the biggest Democratic pollsters, marketing agencies, advocacy groups, and labor unions in the country.
- We’re a team of experienced campaigners, data scientists, and engineers who are obsessed with harnessing the power of evidence to make social good advocates more effective.
- We’re ambitious, efficient, low-ego, and we like to make each other laugh.
Why You Should Join
- Our culture is fun, fast-paced, and focused on evidence. We encourage everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas — even if it’s on a topic outside of their expertise.
- You will be part of a team that works hard to get smarter together by giving each other feedback that’s direct, actionable, and respectful.
- We’re deeply motivated by the work we do and committed to using the technology we build ethically, so we’re looking for teammates who feel the same way.
- You will work on challenging technical problems with the goal of building lean and innovative solutions.
- By being at the ground floor of a rapidly expanding company, you will get the opportunity to learn new skills, make important decisions, and work closely with team leaders.
About The Position
- You will be a fellow working as part of the data science team and will report to the Lead Data Scientist.
- As a Data Analyst Fellow at Grow Progress you will:
- Organize and categorize data we’ve collected from running hundreds of survey experiments.
- Work with our data science teams to create robust, maintainable systems for keeping this data up to date.
- Assist in setting up, running, and analyzing survey and field experiments to test different persuasion strategies.
- Work with our customer success team to deliver reports and other research projects with our clients.
Our ideal teammate is:
- Experienced with data management and spreadsheets
- Familiar with fundamental statistics
- Familiar with SQL, and ideally with basic R or Python as well, though we are happy to help you grow these skills
- Comfortable working in a small team environment and can take ownership of their projects
- Willing to take on tasks that may be outside of their comfort zone as part of a small team
- Eager to learn new skills and is not afraid to fail quickly
- Capable of providing and receiving constructive feedback
- Authorized to work in the US
- Progressive — previous work in politics is a plus, but not required
More About Grow Progress
We are committed to building a diverse company. We’re an equal opportunity employer. Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, cultures, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, languages, social class, marital status, religions, veteran status, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Location: Remote within the US.
Compensation: Equivalent to $42,500 annually, for a six-month term ($3,542/month). Benefits include up to $440 per month in health insurance reimbursements, and paid time off.