Website Panorama Global
Panorama Global is a platform for social change that solves pressing global problems through audacious thinking and bold action. Our goal is to maximize social impact by partnering with visionary leaders from across sectors and boundaries.
We believe that world-changing ideas can emerge from leaders anywhere — whether they are social entrepreneurs, philanthropists, corporate or non-profit executives, government officials, or young professionals and students at the start of their careers.
Panorama is led through a social entrepreneurship lens and a mission-oriented ethos where being of service to others is a core value and advancing social change is the bottom line. A core part of this ethos is the belief in the importance of mentoring the next generation of social change advocates and leaders. Young people today are fervently driving change on global issues from gender equity to climate change to racial justice and have a keen investment and perspective in creating a more just world.
Are you an emerging changemaker who is passionate about social impact and is interested in tackling critical issues facing the world today? Do you love to collaborate to turn big ideas into action? Are you interested in working in a fast-paced environment alongside a mission-driven team? If so, we invite you to apply for Panorama’s Internship Program.
Panorama’s Internship Program is an opportunity for students and young professionals to gain valuable, real-world experience across a wide variety of issues. Our program will offer you the unique opportunity to collaborate and develop effecting working relationships with staff, build new skills and hone existing ones, expand your professional networks, and contribute to our unique model for driving systems-level change. We know we have as much to learn from you as you do from us, so we ask that our interns come prepared to collaborate on impactful projects, share ideas, think outside the box, and challenge us to approach problems in new ways.
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
Panorama is looking for a part-time intern (20 hours/week) to support the day-to-day activities of our Systems and IT team. Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
● Assist with day-to-day troubleshooting of our software applications and platforms
● Update and improve user manuals for our software applications
Systems Maintenance and Strategy
● Update and optimize Panorama’s inventory of hardware and software applications
● Assist with data clean up and migrations from various systems into our Salesforce database
● Research and compare features of new software applications for various organizational functions
● Work with departments to update Panorama’s SharePoint Intranet (internal website) ensuring content for employees is up to date and easy to find
● Provide additional administrative support as needed for systems projects
This position reports to the Systems and Process Administrator but will work across departments to support systems work.
Goals and Learning Objectives:
- Rewarding experience that further develops skillsets and gains knowledge in new areas that will be applicable to future interests and career ambitions.
- Meets manager’s requests for administrative support, while also engaging in higher level work indicative of skills, experience, and ability to contribute to organization overall.
- Increased comfort in taking initiative and working independently as intern becomes more familiar with projects.
- Gains an understanding of the day-to-day operations of Systems and an understanding of nonprofit technology
- Develops research, writing, and problem-solving skills, and learns tools such as Salesforce
- Gains an understanding of the Systems and IT function at a small, growing organization
- Gains administrative and operational experience within non-profit and for-profit organizational models
Position Requirements & Qualifications
This part-time internship (20 hours/week) is designed for undergraduate students in their senior year of college or post-graduate students, or for individuals 18+ with at least 2 years of professional experience. This position is open to candidates located in and eligible to work in the following locations within the United States: California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.
We request a six-month commitment. Internships will start in January and conclude in June, with some flexibility and consideration given to student schedules and school system calendars. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all Winter 2022 internships will be remote.
● Demonstrated interest in nonprofit administration.
● Interest in learning about software applications and systems used by nonprofits.
● Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work independently.
● Ability to prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments while adapting to changing deadlines, priorities and workflow with success and accuracy.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrable interpersonal skills and willingness to work in collaborative environment.
● Able to work in fast-paced environment, prioritize workflow and balance needs of multiple projects, while maintaining close attention to detail.
Panorama offers paid internships with compensation at $14.49/hour, based on the Washington State minimum wage requirements including those working outside of WA State. If the intern is located in a municipality with a higher minimum wage, Panorama will pay the local minimum wage as required by law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter via our Careers Page portal.
Applications received by January 2nd will receive priority review.
Top candidates will receive an invitation to interview and offers will be extended by mid-January.
Established in 2017, Panorama is a diverse team of aspirational thinkers with the know-how to get things done in a fast-paced and flexible environment. We work closely with partners to identify their needs and co-develop practical and results-oriented strategies. Approaching our work with an entrepreneurial spirit, we initiate our own projects when we are uniquely positioned to fill a gap. We are a growing organization that is committed to creating a culture of fun, inclusivity, and openness, always celebrating individual and project milestones.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiring process grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical, mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Panorama complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Nicole Travis, HR Generalist, at [email protected]
Panorama Global is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Panorama participates in the federal E-Verify system. All candidates should review the E-Verify Participation and Right to Work posters for more information.
Final offer will be contingent on a successful background check.