The Global Center for Gender Equality (GCfGE) at Stanford University aims to redefine the approach to global health and development by creating a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural network of researchers, policy makers and practitioners to build on the evidence on what works to address gender inequalities, fill key gender data gaps and equip the next generations of global health and development leaders to tackle gender equality challenges. Our vision is to create opportunities for advancement of gender equality through gender transformative research, policy, leadership and programing that enable all people to achieve their full human potential.
Gender Integration is a key pillar of the center’s work, focusing on applying an intersectional lender lens across development programs and strategies. To support implementation of this initiative, the center compliments its in-house expertise with a bench of consultants who can provide demand-driven advisory and technical gender integration support for program and strategy design and implementation, data analysis, capacity building and tool development.
We are currently seeking associate-level gender integration consultants, as well as consultants with expertise in gender integration and measurement, learning, and evaluation (MLE). Additional details about each position are shared below. If you feel that you are a good fit for the opportunities described below , please use the link below to apply.
MLE Gender Integration Consultant
The Global Center for Gender Equality (GCfGE) at Stanford University is searching for consultants with expertise in gender integration and measurement, learning, and evaluation (MLE) in international development and/or global health to join our consultant bench. Specific tasks will vary by project, however we anticipate the main activities will include:
· Supporting the development and implementation of an MLE plan with the objective of understanding the process and effectiveness of gender mainstreaming efforts
· Facilitating project debrief processes, including leading focus group discussions, synthesizing key learnings in narrative briefs and slides, and communicating findings to high-level decision-makers
· Synthesizing learning across projects, drafting regular progress reports and presenting findings
· Providing technical assistance in MLE related to gender integration into development projects through activities such as reviewing and providing feedback on MLE plans and evaluation documents, facilitating trainings, and developing practical tools and resources
· Conducting analyses on gender integration across geographically dispersed portfolios of work in various health and development sectors, synthesizing findings and developing actionable recommendations
Qualified candidates will have experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, and a range of methods for measuring social change, ideally including measurement of capacity building and organizational change efforts. They will also have strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience implementing MLE in the context of the Global South is desirable. While the required LOE will vary by project and availability of consultant, we anticipate significant MLE opportunities over the next three to six months. All work is anticipated to be fully remote.