Non-profit law firm working for justice for the LGBTQ+ community
The Development Team at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is searching for a Summer Intern to help us raise the funds needed to secure ground-breaking legal victories, conduct policy advocacy, and educate the public on the most pressing civil rights issues impacting LGBTQ+ people and people living with HIV/AIDS. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact on LGBTQ+ civil rights and may be considering a career in the non-profit sector, fundraising, or event planning.
Typical projects may include, but are not limited to:
· Coordinating the 100+ item silent auction for GLAD’s Annual Summer Party on Saturday, July 23rd in Provincetown, MA
· Assisting with sponsor and donor follow-up, event planning, and logistics for GLAD’s events including regional events, Summer Party, and Spirit of Justice.
· Assisting with data cleanup and updates in Salesforce
· Researching vendors and venues and assisting with planning and logistics for GLAD’s fundraising events
· Conducting donor and prospect research
· Thanking donors for their gifts by phone, email, and handwritten notes
· Assisting with mailings and other fundraising support as needed
· Interest in non-profit development and/or event planning
· Passion for social justice, LGBTQ+ and HIV+ rights, and racial and economic justice
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Willingness to ask questions, as well as the ability to take direction
· Working well independently and as part of a small team
· Showing initiative and follow-through in a dynamic environment
This is a full-time 350-hour minimum internship with a stipend and an expected start date in early June and end date in mid-August. GLAD’s office – located at 18 Tremont Street, Boston, MA – is open 9am-5pm with flexibility in schedule. This is a hybrid position with some required in-office hours, attendance at GLAD’s Summer Party in Provincetown on July 23rd, and the option to work from home for a portion of time.
GLAD requires all staff, volunteers, and interns working in GLAD’s office, at events, or engaging in any in-person work on GLAD’s behalf to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
GLAD is dedicated to building a diverse staff, and one that is committed to equity and opportunity for all. GLAD strongly encourages applications from transgender people, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and people living with HIV/AIDS.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to: Renae Paulson (they/them), Development Assistant, at [email protected]
Supervisor: Mads Ouellette (they/them), Events & Communications Coordinator