Website La Strada International
La Strada International
La Strada International (LSI) is a European NGO Platform against human trafficking, that works from a human rights perspective in support of trafficked persons. The platform aims to prevent human trafficking and to protect and realise trafficked persons’ rights. Member organisations provide access to adequate assistance and support to victims, run helplines and prevention programmes, train other professionals to provide assistance and referral, and advocate for policy changes at the national level. The LSI secretariat supports the members by leading European monitoring and policy advocacy, information and knowledge exchange, capacity building and multi-stakeholder cooperation to ensure effective anti-trafficking policies and actions.
La Strada International is looking for a Communications and Campaigns Officer to join our team in November 2023 for an initial period of one year. Preferably, the Communications and Campaigns Officer will be based in Amsterdam, but working remotely from another location can be discussed.
- Actively monitor and identify news to promote or react to, related to anti-trafficking and labour migration issues, including updates by LSI members and relevant stakeholders;
- Maintain LSI’s websites and social media accounts including social media planning, posting, monitoring and analytics on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- Contribute to the preparation and publication of LSI’s monthly newsletter, including updates on LSI’s research findings and policy positions;
- Maintain contacts with media representatives and take the lead in organising media outreach and respond to media inquiries quickly and effectively;
- Develop commentaries, press statements, op-eds, and other communication materials and contribute to the publication of reports, presentations, etc.;
- Organise and manage the communications planning for campaigns and media actions, petitions, and statements in accordance with LSI’s strategic directions;
- Proofread and edit papers and reports;
- Work with external copywriters, designers, videographers, and other service providers to deliver on communications outputs as needed.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Degree in journalism, communications, media or another social or political science field;
- At least three years’ work experience in communications, campaigning, public outreach, media/journalism, copywriting or marketing (including relevant traineeships/internships), ideally in human rights NGOs;
- Strong motivation to take up the coordination and implementation of LSI’s communications work;
- Commitment to the vision and mission of La Strada International;
- (Nearly) Native-level English skills and ability to promote key messages in English for traditional and social media channels. Ability to edit texts to an academic standard, as well as to write, edit and articulate messages in styles accessible for different audiences, such as NGOs, policymakers, and EU and UN representatives;
- Experience in using various social media platforms for knowledge sharing and networking;
- Familiarity with visual design tools, editing tools and applications, WordPress and Mailchimp (or similar tools), and a high level of IT skills;
- Familiarity with civil society and trade union networks in Europe and at least a basic understanding of EU institutions and political contexts;
- Citizenship of an EU member state or a valid residence and work permit in the Netherlands;
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently and multi-task; attention to detail and hands-on mentality;
- Accountability and the ability to deliver on agreed tasks and timeline to a high standard.
The following are strong additional assets:
- Knowledge of human trafficking and human rights;
- Experience/understanding of working in or with a small organisation;
- Experience in working with international networks or coalitions.
What we offer
- One-year fixed-term contract of minimum 24 hours – maximum 32 hours a week. After the end of the year, there is the possibility of extension to a second one-year contract or a permanent contract, dependent upon availability of funding and assessment of the position;
- Market-based salary: a gross monthly salary between € 2,884 and € 4,252 based on full-time employment, depending on experience (subject to proven records such as work certificates and references);
- A labour contract under Dutch law with an attractive set of benefits, including variable working hours, possibility of working from home, contribution to health insurance and a good pension scheme;
- An informal and collegial work environment in an international team as part of a large civil society movement.
To apply (before September 29): see our website.