Supervisor: VP, Digital
Supervisory Responsibilities: Content and Creative digital staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Digital Department is responsible for growing the EMILYs List online community, engaging that community in the critical work of electing Democratic pro-choice women to office, and raising significant funds online to support the work of EMILYs List.
The Creative Director leads and manages the Content and Creative team made up of Design, Video, and Social to create a cohesive creative strategy and approach to the EMILYs List online brand.
The Creative Director is a member of the Digital Leadership Team who works across EMILY’s List to ensure best practices in digital strategy are leveraged to advance the organization’s priorities.
The opportunity for the new Creative Director at EMILY’s List is to join a growing team who, together, are uplifting the brand in the next chapter of the nation’s largest resource for women in politics to elect Democratic pro-choice women who run, win, and change the world.
Essential Job Functions
- Developing and executing a comprehensive content strategy in collaboration with VP, Digital and Deputy Creative Director;
- Manage design, video and social media teams, providing up-to-the-minute feedback on creative projects and identifying opportunities for growth;
- Leading, concepting and scriptwriting for the EL’s digital video program, working with editors to shape videos in progress, and producing video shoots at EL events;
- Working with Campaigns team to develop their creative and content programs, and leading production on creative requests from campaigns;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience leading successful creative and content operations for Democratic political campaigns, political committees, nonprofit organizations, or creative agency experience;
- Strong project management and managerial skills, with experience leading a creative team;
- Strong knowledge of digital design, video and social media best practices and an interest and commitment to master emerging technologies;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively under tight deadlines and successfully project manage creative work from start to finish on schedule;
- Proficiency in all creative software packages acumen such as Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and/or After Effects, Audition); Video production background is a plus;
- Candidates should be able to handle multiple projects at once, work well under deadlines, and understand that the internet and politics are not always a 9 to 6 kind of job.
The salary for this position is $90,000 – $112,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. To apply, visit our jobs site: Creative Director to upload your resume, provide a cover letter, and fill out an application. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly. No calls, please.
Our office is based in Washington, DC and this position is based in the DC office with a hybrid schedule requiring at least 3 days per week in office.
ABOUT EMILY’S LIST
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, works to elect Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot and across the country with a goal of fighting for our rights and our communities. Our work is centered around a fundamental vision: Run. Win. Change the World. EMILY’s List has raised over $700 million in service to that vision and has helped Democratic women win competitive elections by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running one of the largest independent expenditure campaigns for Democrats, and turning out women voters to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country’s first woman as vice president, 159 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and nearly 1,400 women to state and local office. More than 40% of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. Visit www.emilyslist.org for more information.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.