About Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund:
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund (Advance) is a Native American-led organization working to address the vast disparity and unique barriers that exist for Indigenous peoples in U.S. politics. We provide training, resources, and strategies that support pathways for Indigenous leaders, especially for Indigenous women and two spirit people, to work toward equity, justice, and representation. We create solutions to address the need for increased Native representation and participation in elected politics and campaigns. By expanding Native representation in elected office, we actively shape a future where our government is truly reflective of all our communities.
About the role:
Advance is seeking a Development Associate to join our growing team. The Development Associate will support multiple areas of revenue generation through individual major donors and foundations including: researching new grant opportunities; conducting donor outreach and supporting donor cultivation; managing fundraising calendar and reporting deadlines; entering donations and maintaining donor relationships and records in Salesforce CRM; creating and delivering development-related communications including thank you letters, tax receipts, and acknowledgement letters for foundations and donor-advised funds; and project managing internal and external fundraising communication and funder events.
The Development Associate will report to the Director of Operations & Special Initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, systems-focused, and adaptable; enjoys tracking and balancing multiple changing priorities in a fast-paced, evolving work environment; and has a desire to cultivate a variety of development initiatives to support Advance’s growing funding streams.
To be successful in this role you should have the following experience:
- 2+ years experience in development, ideally with politically-focused major donors and 501(c)(4) foundations
- Strong writing and research skills, with experience developing and writing donor-related communications
- Experience researching and initiating outreach to funding prospects, identifying potential prospects and proposal opportunities
- Experience managing the grant proposal process from application to reporting
- Systems-minded, strong organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, and the ability to proactively manage and prioritize the logistics and communications of multiple projects to completion
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders, funders, and prospects with professionalism, and follow-through
- Experience in, exposure to, or education related to working within Indigenous cultures
- Desire to work collaboratively and transparently with a distributed virtual team via Google Workspace
We hope you bring one or more of these skills:
- Event planning experience
- Experience with cold outreach, building and cultivating professional relationships across a variety of audiences and industries
- Experience with WealthEngine, Candid, Salesforce or the like
- Research experience, specifically conducting prospective individual and foundation research
- Ability to manage and maintain accurate and up-to-date fundraising data, lists and reports
- Relationship cultivation and management, with the desire to grow into managing your own portfolio
Working at Advance:
This position is salaried within a range of $50,000-65,000 and comes with a generous package of comprehensive benefits. Including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision
- Flexible spending account for medical and dependent care
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Generous paid time off package (Vacation, Sick, & Public Holidays)
- $1,500 per year for professional development training and/ or coaching
- Additional benefits including working from home, including compensation towards cell phone, Internet and other necessary equipment
This is a remote position and requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location. The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 20% travel. We are not offering U.S. visa sponsorship for this role.
Dates to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 3, 2022.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and answer the application questions. Click here or below to apply.
Qualified candidates will participate in a series of interviews conducted over video call. There will be three 1-hour interviews, and one 1-hour exercise over the course of eight weeks.
Advance offers, upon request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the application, interview, and hiring process, such as extra time to complete the hiring exercise, captions in video calls, or other accommodations as requested.
If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please contact us.
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, women and femmes, LGBTQIA+ and Two Spirit individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
To apply for this job please visit developwell.applytojob.com.