About Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund:
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund (Advance) is a national Native American-led organization working to address the vast disparity and unique barriers that exist for Indigenous peoples in U.S. politics. We provide training, resources, and strategies that support pathways for Indigenous leaders, especially for Indigenous women and two spirit people, to work toward equity, justice, and representation. We create solutions to address the need for increased Native representation and participation in elected politics and campaigns. By expanding Native representation in elected office, we actively shape a future where our government is truly reflective of all our communities.
About the role:
Advance is seeking a Program Manager to join our Native Leadership Institute (NLI) program team. Created by and for Indigenous peoples, NLI is focused on building pathways to leadership at all levels of government and political organizing through our Native Leadership Training Program and Native Digital Fellowship. This role will support scaling the program through managing the logistics and communications across program areas, recruiting and supporting trainees, and engaging Native communities to grow the field and technological expertise while honing strategies to build Native political power and movement advocacy online. The Program Manager reports directly to the National Program Director.
To be successful in this role you should have the following experience:
- 3+ years of related experience, preference given to background in digital and/or tech related fields
- Strong project management skills, with the ability and willingness to be flexible and adaptable
- Systems-minded, strong organizational skills, and the ability to proactively manage the logistics and communications of multiple complex projects at once
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a thoughtful, professional, detail-oriented manner
- Experience in, exposure to, or education related to working within Indigenous cultures
- Comfort working in highly collaborative teams, managing laterally, up, and working across departments
- Desire to work collaboratively and transparently with a distributed virtual team
- Experience and comfort collaborating via Google Workspace
We hope you bring one or more of these skills:
- Experience in campaigns, advocacy, and/or elections
- Event planning experience
- Outreach, recruitment, and/or training program management experience
- Experience with any or all of the following tools: SalesForce, Voter File, Action Network
- Experience working in a virtual environment and/or in a distributed team operating across multiple time zones is strongly preferred
- Bonus: Exposure or possession of digital or tech skills, examples include but are not limited to: SQL, Python, excel (advanced), data visualization, or the like
After 6 months, success in this role looks like:
- Development of a system to coordinate and execute on monthly virtual, hybrid, and/or in-person trainings for 10-20 participants each time;
- Cultivation and fostering of relationships with various stakeholders: elected officials, candidates, funders, trainees, community members
- Development of a recruitment pitch and virtual event schedule to drive new participants into trainings on an ongoing basis;
- Development and execution of project management tools and plans, and the ability to keep projects moving forward based on agreed upon timelines and deliverables
- A growing understanding of issues facing Indian Country, specifically in the political education and electoral space
- Collaboration across departments is highly communicative, fast-paced, and transparent
Working at Advance:
This position is salaried within a range of $60,000-75,000 and comes with a generous package of comprehensive benefits. Including but not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Traditional Cultural Events, Sick, & Public Holidays)
- $1500 per year for professional development training and/ or coaching
- Compensation toward cell phone plan, internet, and other necessary equipment
This is a remote position and requires consistent phone and internet access at your home office location. The position will not require travel until it is widely safe to do so. At that time, this position may require up to 40% travel, including some nights and weekends. We are not offering U.S. visa sponsorship for this role.
Dates to apply: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through January 3, 2022.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and answer the application questions through the link here or below.
Qualified candidates will participate in a series of interviews conducted over video call. There will be three 1-hour interviews, and one 1-hour exercise over the course of eight weeks.
Advance offers, upon request, accommodations for candidates with disabilities during the application, interview, and hiring process, such as extra time to complete the hiring exercise, captions in video calls, or other accommodations as requested.
If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please contact us.
If your experience doesn’t exactly match the qualifications listed but you believe you would shine in this role, we want to hear from you! Please apply and tell us why you’re the right person for the job.
Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, women and femmes, LGBTQIA+ and Two Spirit individuals, people with disabilities, neurodiverse people, and formerly incarcerated or systems-impacted people are highly encouraged to apply.
Advance Native Political Leadership Action Fund is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we don’t discriminate against people because of their race, ethnicity, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, personal appearance, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, or political affiliation.
To apply for this job please visit developwell.applytojob.com.