Website NextGen America
NextGen America is seeking a dynamic and creative political professional to join our youth organizing program that will engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity for all Americans, and expand access to the ballot box for young Americans.
The Arizona Organizing Director will manage our field team in Arizona as part of this ambitious effort. In Arizona, our work will focus on organizing young people to run a C3 voter registration program in communities and on campuses. The Arizona Organizing Director will manage the Regional Organizing Directors and will report to the State Director.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in politics. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice, and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and immigration from a progressive perspective, and we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others. We also recognize the urgency of confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system and strive to make positive changes within our system as a result.
This role is remote, but applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to Arizona.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Run a statewide organizing program focused on registering young voters. Support the State Director to develop and execute campaign plans and effective organizing tactics
- Manage regional organizing directors in a statewide campus and off campus youth voter engagement program that will train volunteers in electoral campaigning and advocacy
- Hold regional organizing directors and organizers accountable to metrics and goals; ensure timely and accurate data and field reporting from field staff
- Develop and implement trainings for staff and volunteers
- Work with national data team to develop tools to track field progress
- Work with national communications to tell the story of the youth vote program
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 3-4 years of organizing experience
- Experience managing organizers
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and be able to multitask without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder is required, EveryAction experience is a plus
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience managing union staff
- Experience organizing in communities of color and prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
- Experience working on youth organizing programs
- Experience on one or more campaigns in Arizona at the local or state level
Salary of $80,000/year plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In-person meetings are an essential part of this position. Consistent with NextGen America’s efforts to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees, volunteers, and communities in which we serve, proof of full vaccination status at time of hire is an employment requirement for this position.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.