Website Century Engineering
Century Engineering – Regional Pennsylvania Offices
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering is seeking a talented Bridge Engineer to work on challenging and exciting transportation projects in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The office locations available for this position are Conshohocken, New Cumberland and Pittsburgh.
The successful candidate will perform engineering tasks in the transportation and structural engineering field through application of relevant design criteria, standards, and processes.
- Develop plan details for bridge/culvert maintenance, repair, rehabilitation, and replacement projects using CADD and engineering software
- Prepare structural design calculations in accordance with applicable design standards and agency preferences
- Perform structural analysis of new designs and existing structures (bridges and other transportation structures) using various bridge design software programs
- Prepare construction cost estimates and specifications for various types of transportation projects
- BSCE from an ABET accredited engineering program (MSCE preferred)
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant design experience in the structural engineering field
- PE license required (Pennsylvania PE preferred)
- PennDOT and/or Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission bridge design experience required.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, PennDOT and PTC standards required
- Experience performing design and analysis of transportation structures including bridges, culverts, walls, and sign structures
- Experience with PennDOT design software (general purpose structural analysis software experience required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and MicroStation
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, project managers, supervisors, and other team members
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.