Website Buncombe County Government
Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential. Our mission is to promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life; to provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust; and to deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
This position requires nights, weekends and some holidays as needed. Flexible scheduling.
Purpose of the position:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform a wide variety of tasks for programming and special events with the Recreation Department.
Essential Functions of the position:
- Promote good public relations and communication with citizens using the park and recreation facilities.
- Participate in various fee collection and event registrations.
- Participate and assist with the organization and oversight of park events and programs.
- May perform a variety of duties associated with the daily custodial maintenance of park areas and facilities.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and nights as needed.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) year of experience in customer services or maintenance work; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional Training and Experience: None
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation:
Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the State of North Carolina.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to use small office equipment and computers.
- Ability to adapt to a work environment that may include exposure to outdoor climate, dust and dirt, exposure to the hazards of working in and near traffic, exposure to various chemicals including fertilizers and pesticides, and exposure to domestic and wild animals.
- Ability to answer questions and provide information to the public.
- Ability to speak, understand and communicate information and ideas so others may understand.
- Ability to use and/or repair small equipment.
Location: Asheville, NC
Job Posting End Date: July 26, 2022
Salary Range: $15.54 – $18.15
Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee’s unique experiences, opinions, and perspective.
It is the policy of Buncombe County to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class under federal or NC State law. In addition the Agency expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination.
Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the affirmative action program by reporting their status as a protected veteran or other minority. In extending this invitation, we advise you that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the human resource department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include in our affirmative action program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage women, minorities, veterans and disabled employees to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
To apply for this job please visit buncombecounty.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.