Website Buncombe County Government
Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their potential. Our mission is to promote a healthy, safe, well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of life; to provide effective and efficient government our citizens can trust; and to deliver needed service through a responsive work force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
This position is posted until filled, and could come down at any time. Please apply now if you are interested!
Purpose of the position: Responsible for partnering with hiring managers and executives within the organization to seek out the best talent available to fill roles that help the organization meet its distinctive and fundamental mission. Serves as an ambassador of the employee experience.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience (required at time of hire): Associate degree in Human Resources, Marketing or Communications and a minimum of three (3) years of experience with high volume recruitment. Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Additional Training and Experience: None.
License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation: SHRM-CP, PHR/SPHR/GPHR certification preferred.
Essential Functions of the position:
- Coordinates and/or conducts full cycle recruiting and hiring process for identified positions within Buncombe County. Ensures proper process administration in partnership with business partners and hiring managers and compliance with the County’s Hiring policy and procedures.
- Sources candidates to coordinate screening, interview scheduling, conducting interviews and making recommendations for hires, including proper ongoing file maintenance and appropriate disposition of all candidates.
- Participates in recruiting events such as attending job fairs and other outreach events and builds strategic business relationships with recruiting contacts. Supports the overall recruitment strategy, including targeted recruitment activities, in collaboration with the corporate recruitment plan.
- Create, maintain and provide executive dashboards, high level reports and presentations using recruitment data metrics.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of employment law and legal compliance issues related to the interview and selection process.
- Proven ability to deliver against the following metrics: time-to-fill, retention, cost-per-hire and diversity of candidate slates.
- Self-directed and possesses strong research acumen, analytical skills, and creativity that allows you to craft and implement a search strategy quickly and with efficiency.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft applications and Workday HCM and to maintain a database of candidate records, including active and passive prospects, current and past employees, and other applicant relationships.
- Skilled in data metrics and the ability create, maintain and provide executive dashboards. Self-motivated to learn other technologies that increase efficiencies.
- Possess a high sense of urgency and with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication and active listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently and influence internal partners at various levels within the organization to effectively make change recommendations. Not comfortable with the status quo and looks for ways to automate and enhance processes.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Ability to look at the bigger picture within HR and the Organization.
Location: Asheville, NC
Job Posting End Date:
Salary Range: $24.96 – $29.13
Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of our employees, honoring and building on each employee’s unique experiences, opinions, and perspective.
It is the policy of Buncombe County to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class under federal or NC State law. In addition the Agency expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination.
Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the affirmative action program by reporting their status as a protected veteran or other minority. In extending this invitation, we advise you that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to respond but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses will remain confidential within the human resource department; and (c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to include in our affirmative action program. We are a company that values diversity. We actively encourage women, minorities, veterans and disabled employees to apply. Refusal to provide this information will have no bearing on your application and will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
To apply for this job please visit buncombecounty.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.