Website All* Above All
All* Above All, a project of New Venture Fund, is a catalyst for abortion justice, envisioning a world where abortion care is affordable, available, and supported for everyone who needs it. Launched in 2013 as a women of color-led effort to restore and sustain public insurance coverage of abortion, the campaign changed the game a few short years later by mobilizing policymakers and the public around the harm of these bans, especially for those unable to make ends meet. After years of bold work that centers people of color working to make ends meet, All* Above All recently expanded its mission and scope beyond insurance coverage of abortion, to other abortion access issues and strategies, particularly at the intersection of racial, economic, and immigrant justice issues. All* knows that race, economic insecurity, and immigration status can multiply the already-massive barriers to abortion care, and that true abortion justice must incorporate these issues.
Throughout this transition, All*’s goal is to continue to empower a new generation to be bold and take action with All*’s uplifting approach, cross-movement work, and digital and grassroots strategies, to ensure that abortion care is available for all. At this unique moment of growth and transformation, All*’s Co-Presidents, Silvia Henriquez and Destiny Lopez, recently announced their departure from All* Above All, leaving a strong and auspicious future for abortion coverage and abortion justice. All* will soon be preparing to bring on its next President, who will lead the campaign into its next era of leadership and contribution to the movement. Building on the legacy of the outgoing Co-Presidents, All* presently seeks a Chief of Strategies and Campaigns (CSC) to help lead and strengthen its exceptional team to meet the critical needs of the moment.
As a key member of the Executive Team, the CSC will support and oversee the campaigns and initiatives teams as they execute All*’s vision and strategy. The CSC will ensure operational efficiency, as well as strategic focus and alignment across All*’s campaign teams and functions, and cultivate a culture of openness, innovation, and collaboration across the organization. They will serve as a connector, problem-solver, and coach who holds the vision of All*’s projects and connects the dots across all campaigns. The CSC works collaboratively to set the organizational direction, establish priorities, and facilitate cross-organization collaboration and innovation for All* Above All and All* Above All Action Fund. The CSC will report to the President of All* Above All.
The CSC will be results-driven and able to meet adversity with tenacity. They will be a master organizer and project planner who consistently looks ahead and anticipates needs before they arise. They will be a natural problem-solver, and analytical and structured in their thinking. They create order out of chaos by identifying systems and processes in need of refining. They deeply understand campaign operations and can synthesize information to recommend a plan of action. A successful CSC will be positive, empathetic, flexible, and curious.
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- At least seven to ten years of experience as a strategic leader and effective project and people manager within reproductive, economic, immigrant, and/or racial justice movements and organizations. Political or electoral campaigns, strategy, or organizing experience is a plus.
- A keen understanding of and commitment to reproductive justice and ensuring access to abortion for all people.
- Results-driven, with the ability to multitask and shift priorities; strong aptitude for working under tight deadlines amidst competing priorities.
- An analytical problem-solver who is solutions oriented, able to connect dots across campaigns and initiatives, and identify systems and processes in need of adjustment.
- A proven ability to anticipate, understand, and resolve complex issues.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to lead in a collaborative, participatory environment, as well as work autonomously.
- A capacity to lead and guide staff with empathy, positivity, and curiosity.
- Demonstrated mission alignment with the view of abortion access as an economic, immigrant, and racial justice issue.
- Experience working on issues impacting Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; young people; immigrants; and/or people working to make ends meet.
- Views culture shift, organizing, and movement building as key components of issue campaigns.
- Strong commitment to centering people of color and striving to be anti-racist.
- Values a shared, cross-collaborative leadership model.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $135k annually. The salary listed is the final offer in consideration of the total compensation package for this position. Additionally, it reflects All*’s compensation philosophy to be equitable in employment offers and aligns with responsibilities at the Chief-level.
Comprehensive benefits package includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. All* Above All also offers supplemental benefits like a home office equipment bonus, professional development funds, and paid sabbatical leave.
All* Above All is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
For the full position description and to apply, please visit: https://npag.com/aaa-csc
More information about All* Above All may be found at: allaboveall.org
The search is being led by Cara Pearsall and Yuniya Khan of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume and three references via NPAG’s website. (https://npag.com/aaa-csc)
All* Above All is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit npag.com.