Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation (CSNDC) seeks a Senior Real Estate Project Manager to join our talented real estate team. CSNDC is an ambitious NeighborWorks organization. We have been working in the Codman Square and South Dorchester neighborhood of Boston for 40 years, with a focus on issues of anti-displacement, equitable economics, and sustainable real estate development.
The Organization and Its Programs
CSNDC is building a cohesive and resilient community in Codman Square and South Dorchester. We develop affordable housing and commercial spaces that are safe, sustainable and promote economic stability for low- and moderate-income residents of all ages. We provide employment and business development programs and embrace and value diversity. CSNDC partners with residents, non-profits, and local businesses to encourage civic participation and increase community influence in decisionmaking, resource allocation and comprehensive plans for our neighborhood.
Real Estate Development
CSNDC’s real estate team is led by an experienced Director of Real Estate. The team currently includes two Real Estate Project Managers and an Asset Manager who oversees the organization’s 1,000 unit portfolio. CSNDC seeks an experienced real estate professional who will join the team and embrace the organization’s mission to prevent displacement and preserve existing affordable homes in the neighborhood.
CSNDC has a robust pipeline with transformative projects at various phases of development. We have 77 new affordable housing units, major rehabilitation of 59 units, and 4,000 square feet of commercial space in various stages of planning or development, including:
• Talbot Commons I — 40 -unit rental housing development
• Talbot Commons Phase 2 — 42-unit rental housing development
• Four Corners Plaza — 35-unit mixed use rental housing and commercial space project, and
• Orlando Waldeck (Walando Homes) — 59-unit rental housing development.
Our real estate department also actively monitors our portfolio of properties and manages the restructuring of those properties as needed. From 2021 to 2023, four Codman Square wholly owned properties will be refinanced or restructured, including:
• Erie Ellington – scattered sites with 50 units
• Washington Columbia I – scattered sites with 151 units
• Washington Columbia II – scattered sites with 175 units, and
• Talbot Bernard Homes – scattered sites with 44 units.
CSNDC is part of the Fairmount Collaborative, which includes Dorchester Bay EDC and Southwest Boston CDC. The Collaborative targets development opportunities near Fairmount commuter rail line stations.
The Senior Real Estate Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of assigned real estate development projects. They will initially manage at least 2 projects. The Senior Project Manager will report to the Director of Real Estate. They can expect increased levels of responsibility over time including opportunities to support and mentor Real Estate Project Managers.
The Senior Project Manager’s responsibilities will include:
• Seeking new real estate opportunities and conducting early-stage feasibility analysis
• Assembling financing and submitting applications for grants, equity and loan programs
• Managing permitting, planning and the community process with community partners and organizing staff
• Soliciting, negotiating and overseeing third party consultant services and project teams
• Managing the closings for purchase, loan and equity investments
• Overseeing project budgets, the construction process and schedules
• Ensuring compliance with funding requirements and city, state and federal regulations
• Overseeing project marketing and lease up
• Maintaining investor and lender relationships
• Assisting with understanding residential market trends in the neighborhood
• Representing CSNDC before relevant boards, committees and neighborhood groups, and
• Other related duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a team player with a demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, affordable housing projects on time, within budget and with positive community impact. They will be seeking a real estate development opportunity that will encourage and support their professional growth and leadership development. The Senior Project Manager will possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
• At least 3 years of experience in real estate development or finance
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, community development or a related field; additional work experience may be substituted for degrees
• A thorough understanding of deal structuring, finance, design and construction management
• Familiarity with public, private and quasi-public financing programs for affordable housing and commercial real estate, preferably in Massachusetts
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex partnerships of public, non-profit and private stakeholders
• Experience with large scale mixed-use, mixed-income development projects and public land disposition preferred
• Strong critical thinking and negotiating skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments in a fast-paced environment
• Persistence and skill working independently and as part of team
• Excellent verbal, written, technology and organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings, and • A commitment to the organization’s mission and philosophy of community empowerment.
$100K (negotiable), commensurate with relevant work experience. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation time, and sick/personal time; and employer-subsidized health insurance.
The Selection Process
Please send cover letter and resume to: Marcia Thornhill, Vice President of Operations, [email protected]
Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Local residents, people of color and women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com