The Texas Democratic Party is seeking a Communications Associate to join our communications team in Austin, Texas. We’re looking for a communications professional who is passionate about fighting Trump Republicans in Texas, electing Democrats up and down the ballot, working on the ground to build Texas Democratic Party infrastructure, and shouting “Texas is the biggest battleground state.”
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Create, manage, and maintain press lists nationally and across the state of Texas.
- Book rural media and radio/podcast appearances.
- Media call throughs in advance of events.
- Draft press releases and advisories.
- Update website, social media when needed
- Aid on Rapid Response.
- Media tracking on statewide candidates.
- Coordinate state press events, field interview requests with Party staff.
- Evaluate current events, news opportunities, and media trends;
- Drafting memos, talking points, and rapid response documents
- Monitoring election activity around the state;
- Performing additional specific research responsibilities, as directed by the Communications Director.
- Understanding of Texas and national media markets and media norms;
- Analytical and communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with writing, editing and speaking abilities;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Works well under pressure
The communications associate will report to the communications director. Some travel required. Applicants must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
As soon as possible
Must be able to start on or before July 15
Employment Type: Cycle
How to apply:txdem.co/apply-ca