Website All* Above All
All* Above All, a project of New Venture Fund, is a catalyst for abortion justice, envisioning a world where abortion care is affordable, available, and supported for everyone who needs it. Launched in 2013 as a women of color-led effort to restore and sustain public insurance coverage of abortion, the organization changed the game a few short years later by mobilizing policymakers and the public around the harm of these bans, especially for those unable to make ends meet. After years of bold work that centers people of color working to make ends meet, All* Above All recently expanded its mission and scope beyond insurance coverage of abortion, to other abortion access issues and strategies, particularly at the intersection of racial, economic, and immigrant justice issues. All* knows that race, economic insecurity, and immigration status can multiply the already-massive barriers to abortion care, and that true abortion justice must incorporate these issues.
Throughout this transition, All*’s goal is to continue to empower a new generation to be bold and take action with All*’s uplifting approach, cross-movement work, and digital and grassroots strategies, to ensure that abortion care is available for all. As part of this expanding vision and strategy, All* is growing its staff team, currently at 13 members.
All* Above All now seeks to engage two Campaign Directors to lead federal, state, and local advocacy, culture change efforts, network development and other strategies that advance abortion access at the intersection of economic, immigrant, and racial justice. One Campaign Director will focus on medication abortion and abortion coverage campaigns, and one will focus on immigrant justice and network partnerships. The Campaign Directors will develop and implement emerging growth strategies in close coordination with each other, All* Above All’s Co-Presidents, federal, state, and communications strategies teams, and other staff, consultants, and network partners. The Campaign Directors will each supervise one to two staff members and will report to the Co-Presidents.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- At least five to seven years experience with coalition-building and management, political process and strategy, electoral organizing, and/or movement building strategies within reproductive, economic, immigrant, and/or racial justice movements and organizations.
- A keen understanding of and commitment to reproductive justice and ensuring access to abortion for all people.
- A strong track record of developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A well-developed ability to multitask and shift priorities, and an aptitude for working under tight deadlines amidst competing priorities.
- A demonstrated capacity to excel in a fast-paced, team-based participatory environment, as well as work autonomously.
- Significant experience as a project manager, with attention to detail.
- A proven ability to analyze complex issues.
- A capacity to lead and guide staff with empathy, positivity, and curiosity.
- A well-developed capacity to manage in all directions and proactively seek out new strategy opportunities.
- A general understanding of abortion access as an economic, immigrant, and racial justice issue.
- Experience working on issues impacting Black, Indigenous, and people of color; young people; immigrants; and/or people working to make ends meet.
- Views culture shift, organizing, and movement building as key components of issue campaigns.
- Strong commitment to centering people of color and striving to be anti-racist.
- Values a shared, cross-collaborative leadership model.
- This position requires travel (up to 50%) to various cities for campaign, legislative, and team meetings, once the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted. Due to the pandemic, All* Above All staff are not traveling in 2021.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $100K annually. The salary listed is the final offer in consideration of the total compensation package for this position. Additionally, it reflects All*’s compensation philosophy to be equitable in employment offers and aligns with responsibilities at the Director level.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. All* Above All also offers supplemental benefits like a home office equipment bonus, professional development funds, and paid sabbatical leave.
All* Above All is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
More information about All* Above All may be found at: allaboveall.org
The search is being led by Cara Pearsall and Yuniya Khan of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume and three references via NPAG’s website.
All* Above All is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit npag.com.