Website All* Above All
All* Above All, a project of New Venture Fund, is a catalyst for abortion justice, envisioning a world where abortion care is affordable, available, and supported for everyone who needs it. Launched in 2013 as a women of color-led effort to restore and sustain public insurance coverage of abortion, the organization changed the game a few short years later by mobilizing policymakers and the public around the harm of these bans, especially for those unable to make ends meet. After years of bold work that centers people of color working to make ends meet, All* Above All recently expanded its mission and scope beyond insurance coverage of abortion, to other abortion access issues and strategies, particularly at the intersection of racial, economic, and immigrant justice issues. All* knows that race, economic insecurity, and immigration status can multiply the already-massive barriers to abortion care, and that true abortion justice must incorporate these issues.
Throughout this transition, All*’s goal is to continue to empower a new generation to be bold and take action with All*’s uplifting approach, cross-movement work, and digital and grassroots strategies, to ensure that abortion care is available for all. As part of this expanding vision and strategy, All* is growing its staff team, currently at 13 members.
All* Above All is seeking a Communications Director to lead and support All* Above All’s communications work, identify new opportunities, and raise the visibility of All*’s abortion justice work in the media and public narrative. The Communications Director will work closely with All*’s leadership, campaign and strategy directors, and other team members to develop and implement robust communications strategies related to abortion coverage, medication abortion care, immigrant justice, ballot initiatives, and any future campaigns, including message development, earned media, digital strategy, and brand oversight. The Communications Director will report to the Co-President and works regularly with consultants and campaign partners.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- While no one candidate will embody all the qualifications enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- At least five to seven years’ experience in communications, and experience working on advocacy campaigns or with nonprofit organizations.
- Strong writing chops, and experience creating content centered on abortion access and/or reproductive justice issues.
- A keen understanding of the most effective social media strategies and platforms, as well as proficiency with social media platforms and digital organizing tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media and digital staff.
- A demonstrated ability to drive media engagement on complex issues and policies. Proven and highly effective organizational and project management skills.
- A well-developed ability to multitask and shift priorities, an aptitude for working under tight deadlines, and capacity to quickly triage competing interests and make recommendations or decisions on the best course of action.
- Ability to lead in a collaborative, participatory environment, as well as work autonomously.
- A capacity to lead and guide staff with empathy, positivity, and curiosity.
- A well-developed capacity to manage in all directions and proactively seek out new strategy opportunities.
- An understanding of and commitment to reproductive justice and ensuring access to abortion for all people.
- A general view of abortion access as an economic, immigrant, and racial justice issue.
- Experience working on issues impacting Black, Indigenous, and people of color, young people, immigrants, and/or people working to make ends meet.
- Views culture shift, organizing, and movement building as key components of issue campaigns.
- Strong commitment to centering people of color and striving to be anti-racist.
- Values a shared, cross-collaborative leadership model.
- This position requires travel (up to 25%) to various cities for campaign, legislative, and team meetings, once the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted. Due to the pandemic, All* Above All staff are not traveling in 2021.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $100K annually. The salary listed is the final offer in consideration of the total compensation package for this position. Additionally, it reflects All*’s compensation philosophy to be equitable in employment offers and aligns with responsibilities at the Director level.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. All* Above All also offers supplemental benefits like a home office equipment bonus, professional development funds, and paid sabbatical leave.
All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
All* Above All is a project of New Venture Fund (NVF), a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. NVF is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
More information about All* Above All may be found at: allaboveall.org
The search is being led by Cara Pearsall and Yuniya Khan of NPAG. Due to the pace of this search, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Candidates may submit their cover letter, outlining their interest and qualifications, along with their resume and three references via NPAG’s website (https://npag.com/aaa-commsdir).
All* Above All is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit npag.com.