Website Century Engineering
Century Engineering, Inc. is a multidisciplinary professional services firm offering a broad range of services to include consulting, engineering, environmental, planning, design and construction throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of over 500 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Orientated around its employees first, Century provides competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes a 401k retirement plan, paid holidays, paid leave time and various employee perks and discounts. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, Century’s culture encourages community service, continued learning, personal growth and fun!
Century Engineering, Inc. is seeking highly motivated and detail-oriented Project Engineers and Construction Inspectors to oversee and support the construction of roadway and bridge related transportation projects for the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT). Although these positions will report to management within our Hunt Valley, MD office location, anticipated work assignments will be in Carroll, Frederick and Howard Counties in Maryland. As a member of our construction management team, inspectors are required to perform a variety of technical and administrative functions. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Provide quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) for transportation construction projects
- Identify and document construction and/or QC deficiencies from applicable contract/standard specifications by analyzing applicable codes, standards and project contract documents
- Read and interpret construction plans for structures, bridges and roadways with an understanding of construction specifications, engineering tables and reference materials
- Monitor construction activities to ensure compliance with contract documents
- Perform materials testing for soils and aggregates, concrete and hot-mix asphalt
- Assist in review and respond to contractor RFIs
- Travel to various work sites
- Exercise a certain degree of independent thought and judgment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ heavy highway construction experience, specifically knowledge of bridge, structure and roadway construction methods and materials
- Familiarity and experience with MDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Standards, Construction Manual and MUTCD
- Required Certifications include: OSHA 10-hour Construction Safety, ACI Field Level I or MARTCP Concrete, MARTCP Soils and Aggregates Compaction, MARTCP HMA Field, MARTCP Pavement Markings, MDOT Flagger and/or Traffic Manager certification, and MDE Responsible Personnel Certification and MDOT Yellow Card Certification for Erosion and Sediment Control Inspection
- Other certifications a plus: MDOT Core Training, NICET (NICET II, III or IV certification in Heavy Highway preferred), Fall protection and Confined Space Training, Guardrail Installation, Nuclear Safety & Transportation, SSPC C-3, NACE and/or NECEPT
- Knowledge of construction materials (steel, concrete, soil, hot mix asphalt, aggregate, etc.)
- Understanding of principles and techniques for surveying
- Ability to apply basic math skills including record linear measurements and computing volume and area for basic geometric shapes (triangle, square, rectangle, trapezoid, cylinder, circle), density, weight, etc.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must be able to read, write, comprehend and speak English fluently
- Familiarity with/use of PC-based computer systems and/or tablet systems
- Current/valid State Driver’s License REQUIRED with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Availability to work during either daytime or nighttime shifts, including weekends and holidays as necessary
No relocation assistance available for this position. Local residency or ability to relocate at your own expense is required.
Century Engineering, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Committed to employment equality, employment selections and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, genetic information, religion, national origin, color, veteran status or any other protected class. Century ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with all applicable laws and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If a medical condition or disability necessitates a reasonable accommodation for any party of this application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 443-589-2400 (MD, DE, PA) 804-644-4600 (VA) and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.