The Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape is hiring a part-time (25 hours/week) Counselor/Outreach Advocate to provide in-person and tele-counseling direct services to victims of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. The Counselor/Outreach Advocate must have a strong understanding of sexual assault and the many issues faced by survivors, as well as experience working with survivors of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault. This is a temporary 12-month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Provide client-centered and trauma-informed crisis counseling, individual and group counseling, legal and medical advocacy/accompaniment, individual advocacy, and referrals to other community services. All services will be provided both in-person and through tele-counseling.
• Provide after-hours hotline coverage and in-person advocacy/accompaniment to hospitals and police departments as necessary.
• Maintain/update client files and complete statistical reports as needed. Enter data into the ETO System.
• Participate in case management and supervision meetings as required.
• Work with the Community Organizer to present and/or coordinate community outreach activities such as prevention programs, community awareness events, media interviews, etc. to raise awareness regarding sexual harassment, abuse, and assault and the availability of services to victims, survivors, significant others, and the Adams County community.
The Counselor/Outreach Advocate should have experience in the provision of crisis intervention, supportive counseling, advocacy/accompaniment, and community outreach. A bachelor’s degree in social work, counseling or related field from an accredited college or university and/or a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience working with survivors of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault is preferred. A working knowledge of Adams County is also preferred.