Website Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC)
Sole organization dedicated to electing Democrats to statehouses
Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) is the sole organization and campaign committee dedicated to recruiting, training, and electing Democrats to state legislatures across the country. We provide candidates, caucus partners, and key stakeholders with the resources, field support, and data necessary to run smart, winning campaigns, with the ultimate goal of building Democratic power at the state level.
Building up Democratic power in the states is more important than ever. With right-wing radicals proliferating state legislatures across the country, and leading insurrections against our fundamental values, our democracy is on the line.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. Our flexible work arrangements and significant amounts of time off aim to support work-life balance when staff may be asked to work outside of business hours during periods of peak work. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritize racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholder
The Finance Assistant provides direct support for the DLCC Finance Department and the Vice President, Finance. The Finance Assistant assists the team with donor research and prospecting, database maintenance, intern hiring and management, and material preparation for the department.
The Finance Assistant also assists the Vice President, Finance in executing the labor outreach program. As needed, the Finance Assistant will assist the Major Gifts department and the Corporate Relations department on a wide variety of tasks.
The Finance Assistant will exercise good judgment in all situations. Using strong organizational and prioritization skills, the Finance Assistant is expected to balance multiple priorities, from concept to completion, while working independently on projects as assigned. The Finance Assistant must be able to work under pressure while handling a wide variety of projects and responsibilities.
The Finance Assistant reports to the Vice President, Finance. The Finance Assistant is based in Washington, DC, and is eligible for flexible work arrangements, allowing an employee to split their time working from home and the DLCC office. Upon request, the DLCC will consider whether this position is eligible to be remote.
The DLCC continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and has put in place policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff and their families. The DLCC is located in Washington, DC, and our office is formally opening for staff in January 2022.
The Finance Assistant is expected to model the values of DLCC:
– Results Driven
– Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Vice President, Finance including composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
– Correspond professionally with Legislators and Legislative Leaders.
– Manage NGP database and corresponding data entry.
– Conduct donor research and identify potential prospects.
– Assist Finance team with the preparation of call sheets, donor briefs and follow-up, and event materials.
– Assist with finance event planning and logistics.
– Manage department interns and coordinate projects and tasks.
– Assist Labor consultant, Vice President, Finance, and Independent Expenditure Director in labor outreach.
– Act as the primary contact for legislator outreach.
– Be the primary staff member responsible for the in-state events program.
– Assist with development, logistics, and management of direct marketing programs.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Meet and exceed goals for fundraising activities assigned to this position’s responsibility.
– Assist finance team in executing aggressive fundraising plan for 2020 cycle, meeting organizational goals, and allowing DLCC to help take and hold critical legislative chambers across the country.
– Experience in a similar professional setting; campaign experience is preferred.
– Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel; NGPVAN or other similar donor database experience is a plus.
– Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
– Exceptional attention to detail.
– Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
– Willingness to learn and ask questions.
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly.
– Ideal candidates should also possess an interest in political fundraising and state legislative politics.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, John Skic.
Essential functions of the role include:
– Working from a computer for long periods of time;
– While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate using the telephone, email, – and in-person with stakeholders;
– This position may require the employee to lift boxes up to 5lbs and re-arrange furniture for fundraising events; and
– This position has less than 5% travel expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
How to Apply
Salary for the Finance Assistant position is $51,000-56,000 on an annualized basis commensurate with experience. The DLCC offers a generous benefits package, including:
– More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days.
– Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents.
– Up to 6% retirement employer contribution.
– Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.
– Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account.
– Up to $5,000 employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for IVF-related costs or Adoption Assistance, and up to $2,500 for employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for out-of-pocket dental and orthodontic expenses.
– Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit.
– Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement.
– and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application via dlcc.org/careers by December 31, 2021. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances; however, this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by December 31, 2021. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org. No calls please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to an inclusive and equitable environment and diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to engaging, retaining, and supporting a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.