Website Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC)
Sole organization dedicated to electing Democrats to statehouses
The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) is the sole organization and campaign committee dedicated to recruiting, training, and electing Democrats to state legislatures across the country. We provide candidates, caucus partners, and key stakeholders with the resources, field support, and data necessary to run smart, winning campaigns, with the ultimate goal of building Democratic power at the state level.
Building up Democratic power in the states is more important than ever. With right-wing radicals proliferating state legislatures across the country and leading insurrections against our fundamental values, our Democracy is on the line.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. Our flexible work arrangements and significant amounts of time off aim to support work-life balance when staff may be asked to work outside of business hours during periods of peak work. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritizing racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholders.
The DLCC is seeking Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators to join our Data & Analytics team. As we gear up for the critical 2022 elections, these roles will work within our Data & Analytics Department to support programs at the DLCC and with in-state partners, helping to build reliable and sophisticated data infrastructure and systems. This will include reporting and tool creation, database administration and support, and voter targeting. We’re seeking candidates who are able to think quickly, adapt frequently, and develop creative, data-driven solutions to challenges as they arise.
Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators will work with the Data Manager and the Data & Analytics Department to identify the ways the DLCC can best help to build out exceptional data and analytics infrastructure for Democratic state legislative campaigns in targeted state legislative chambers.
Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators report to the Data Manager and are coordinated-side positions. The DLCC is located in Washington, DC and we are currently remote for all staff through January 2022. The Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators are eligible to be permanently remote, or for flexible work arrangements, splitting their time working at home and the office. Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators are cycle positions through December 31, 2022.
The Regional Data & Targeting Coordinators are expected to model the values of the DLCC:
- Results Driven
- Lead and organize short- and long-term data projects.
- Support delivery and use of predictive models to, and by, state caucuses and state legislative campaigns.
- Assist the Data Manager in developing voter targeting systems tailored to each campaign’s needs in collaboration with caucuses and partners.
- Work with the Reporting Manager to create and automate reports on field program activities, and employ these tools regularly to monitor progress to goals, and proactively identify and flag issues as they come up.
- Develop and present VAN / VoteBuilder training materials to campaign and caucus staff as needed.
- Obtain, clean, and standardize large datasets.
- Support members of the Data & Analytics and Political departments with completing projects as necessary.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- All data projects are accurate and delivered on time.
- Analyses are communicated to the Data & Analytics Department, to other departments, and to state legislative caucuses in a clear and concise manner.
- Internal stakeholders and in-state partners are empowered through access to first-rate data and analytics tools, such as voter and district analyses, targeting systems, and reporting systems.
- The DLCC continues to be the leader of data and analysis at the state legislative level and helps caucuses run effective campaigns to win elections.
- At least one cycle (minimum two years) of electoral campaign experience.
- Must have strong analytical skills, enjoy quantitative problem solving, have strong attention to detail, and be able to take direction and multitask.
- Strong familiarity with VAN / VoteBuilder, with knowledge of administrative tools in it being a plus.
- Familiarity with Excel / Google Sheets, including experience working with advanced formulas.
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: SQL, Python, R, QGIS or other mapping software, and/or Google Data Studio.
- Willingness and commitment to learning new technical skills.
- Shares our commitment to electing state legislative Democrats.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, John Skic.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in-person with stakeholders.
- This position has less than 5% travel expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
How to Apply
Salary for the Regional Data & Targeting Coordinator position is $56,500 – $65,000 on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The DLCC offers a generous benefits package, including:
- More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents.
- Up to 6% retirement employer contribution.
- Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.
- Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account.
- Up to $5,000 employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for IVF-related costs or Adoption Assistance, and up to $2,500 for employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for out-of-pocket dental and orthodontic expenses.
- Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit.
- Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement.
- and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application at https://www.dlcc.org/careers by January 15, 2022. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances, however, this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by January 15, 2022. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org. No calls, please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to an inclusive and equitable environment and diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to engaging, retaining, and supporting a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.