Website Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC)
Sole organization dedicated to electing Democrats to statehouses
The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) is the sole organization and campaign committee dedicated to recruiting, training, and electing Democrats to state legislatures across the country. We provide candidates, caucus partners, and key stakeholders with the resources, field support, and data necessary to run smart, winning campaigns, with the ultimate goal of building Democratic power at the state level.
Building up Democratic power in the states is more important than ever. With right-wing radicals proliferating state legislatures across the country, and leading insurrections against our fundamental values, our democracy is on the line.
The DLCC compensates employees competitively and provides a very generous benefits package. Our flexible work arrangements and significant amounts of time off aim to support work-life balance when staff may be asked to work outside of business hours during periods of peak work. We’re dedicated to treating one another with respect in the workplace, and prioritize racial equity and inclusion (REI) in our work with one another as well as with our stakeholder
As the Senior Designer, Motion & Graphics, you’ll work within DLCC’s Digital and Multimedia Department to produce engaging, eye-catching, and on-brand multimedia products, including videos, animations, on-screen graphics to be used across departments and platforms.
This position reports to the Creative Director. The DLCC is located in Washington, DC, and we are currently remote for all staff through January 2022. The Senior Designer, Motion & Graphics is eligible to be permanently remote, or for flexible work arrangements, splitting their time working at home and the office.
The Senior Designer, Motion & Graphics is expected to model the values of the DLCC:
- Results Driven
- Work closely with all outbound messaging teams to develop creative concepts for multi-channel campaigns designed to inspire action, inform supporters, and raise awareness.
- Responsible for innovating creative ideas and campaigns that improve the organization’s status and advance the brand.
- Assist caucus and campaign teams as necessary with design support to improve the saturation of strong visual products across races.
- Design and manage DLCC brand assets (logos, style tiles, style guides) as well as new products, templates, and visuals.
- Guide the direction of design for a wide variety of digital projects, including email graphics, social media graphics, merchandise, infographics, website mockups, videos, digital ads, etc.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion, including QA and approval processes.
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy discussions to develop communications campaigns and tactics that include email engagement, social media, web, and other aspects.
- Strong visual creative assets deployed across the organization’s outbound communications to reinforce the committee’s dynamic presence.
- DLCC’s data and information is visually presented clearly across the organization.
- DLCC’s collateral products, including video, digital, presentation, communication, etc. are on-brand.
- A unified creative perspective is incorporated into DLCC’s work products across all media.
- Strong background in motion graphics and video production, digital design, content strategy, and digital advocacy.
- Ability to design websites and landing pages (CSS, HTML5 not necessary but helpful).
- Enhanced storytelling skills with the ability to create concepts and articulate narratives.
- A demonstrated portfolio of design products that shows off your design talent, creativity, and vision.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products, specifically After Effects or related motion graphics software.
- Ability to film and edit video using today’s standard software and equipment.
- The ability to work on short deadlines and iterate creative solutions.
- At least one cycle of experience on a campaign, party committee, or PAC, or similar non-profit or agency experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Demonstrated commitment to Democratic state legislative candidates, campaigns, and caucuses.
The DLCC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at the DLCC.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DLCC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DLCC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, John Skic.
Essential functions of the role include:
Working from a computer for long periods of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders; stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
This position may require the employee to periodically travel across the country with audio visual equipment and attend meetings and conferences offsite.
How to Apply
Salary for the Senior Designer, Motion & Graphics position is $75,000 – $85,000, commensurate with experience. on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications. The DLCC offers a generous benefits package including:
- More than 25 days of paid time off, including for Federal holidays, time off around Federal holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year, vacation, sick, and personal days.
- Fully paid health/vision/dental insurance for the employee + spouse/partner + dependents.
- Up to 6% retirement employer contribution.
- Monthly use-it-or-lose-it $100 transit benefit for employees located in the DC region.
- Employer contribution of $500 to employee’s Flexible Spending Account, and opportunity to withhold pre-tax income for Dependent Care Account.
- Up to $5,000 employer-paid Health Reimbursement Account for IVF-related costs or Adoption Assistance, and up to $2,500 for employer-paid
- Health Reimbursement Account for out-of-pocket dental and orthodontic expenses.
- Monthly $100 student loan payment benefit.
- Monthly $100 mobile phone reimbursement.
- and more.
To apply for this position, please complete an electronic application at https://www.dlcc.org/careers by January 7, 2022. The DLCC may review applications after this deadline in limited circumstances; however, this is not a guarantee that your application will be considered if it is not submitted by January 7, 2022. Only complete applications through the application portal will be accepted. You must also include a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to be considered for this position. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing jobs(at)dlcc.org. No calls, please. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis.
The DLCC is committed to an inclusive and equitable environment and diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to engaging, retaining, and supporting a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.