Deputy Organizing Director
The Texas Democratic Party is seeking highly motivated Deputy Organizing Directors to help ensure Democratic victories across the state.
- Hire, manage and train Regional Organizing Directors to lead teams of Organizers in volunteer recruitment and voter contact programming
- Develop and implement statewide management, communications and accountability systems and structures for RODs and Organizers
- Support the Organizing Director in cross departmental and external program planning, relationship development and general collaboration
- Assist Organizing Director in tracking progress to goal and coaching the team to meet and exceed qualitative and quantitative goals
- Write and execute statewide program plans, supporting materials and trainings from start to finish
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned
- At least two cycles of organizing staff management experience; experience managing managers highly preferred
- Experience designing, executing and overseeing digital organizing programs highly preferred,
- Strong familiarity with online organizing tools, including dialer, text, relational organizing platforms highly preferred
- Proven track record of making strategic data driven coaching and training decisions and creating data reports and systems that inform those decisions
- Goal-oriented and self-disciplined; able to meet tight deadlines and multitask
- Ability to think creatively, be solutions oriented and motivate direct reports to do the same amidst a positive and productive team culture
- Resilient and reflective team player excited to work tirelessly to elect Democrats in Texas
- Superior VAN and Google Sheets skills
This position is full time, based in Texas and cycle only. Applicants must have a reliable laptop, cell phone and vehicle. Applicants must also be comfortable working long and irregular hours, including nights and weekends, and have an understanding that campaigns are never a 9-5 job.
The Texas Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply: To apply visit txdem.co/DOD